I almost missed it! ! !

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
I've been traveling a bit, and once I returned home, I've been having trouble getting things on this site to work. I almost think I hit the "Post" button on this post days ago and it just didn't happen. Probably not.

Anyway, last week marks my 8th "New Birthday" with MOO, my Edwards Bovine Pericardial valve. It was implanted on February 28, 2011, and it started my "New" life. In the past 8 years, I've just gone on living life as it is meant to happen. Our daughter is married, has 2 wonderful children, and lives halfway across the country. I continued to succeed in my career, and am now semi-retired, working one week each month and being retired the others. I am on pacemaker #2, along with a replaced ventricular pacing lead. My DW has been retired for over a year, too. I was, unfortunately, diagnosed with cancer, but have had treatment and all is as it should now be. Lots of things have happened in these years, and I am still doing well enough my trusted cardio said that this year we can skip the annual echo unless something changes between visits. Life is good, I must admit. My thanks to Hank and all the others here who have helped me for the many years I've been active on this site.

Wow, Steve. Really great to hear.
Congratulations on the flow of your heart things and gratitude, as ever, for your continuing presence and input here. Always welcome.
Glad things are going well and wishing you a continuing healthy best as the years trundle by. ;-)

Congratulations Steve on the 8th birthday. I also had my redo March 2011 so my 8th birthday is also this month.
I also received a Edwards Bovine Pericardial valve however mine is a 27mm.
This year is 15 years for me since my first AVR, the second AVR was far easier than the first.

OldManEmu;n886729 said:
Congratulations Steve on the 8th birthday. I also had my redo March 2011 so my 8th birthday is also this month.
I also received a Edwards Bovine Pericardial valve however mine is a 27mm.
This year is 15 years for me since my first AVR, the second AVR was far easier than the first.

I guess we will have to wait for the Edwards customer satisfaction survey to see how ours stack up to the rest of our cohort. . .

Just kidding. There was/is no survey, but I imagine they are somehow tracking each generation of valves to see how they endure.

Thanks, everyone! I'll be around for a while yet. . .

Congratulations Steve. Glad to hear the valve is working well after 8 years. Hope you get many more years out of it.
Martin

Chiming in a little late here, Steve, but wanted to congratulate you on 8 years with your valve! You never cease to amaze me with your positive and upbeat attitude. Wishing many, many more years of good health all the way around! Thank you for all your contributions to this forum. Always look forward to your posts. FWIW....My valve is 2 years older than yours. :) I am hitting the double digit of 10 years in 6 months with my Edwards valve. Crossing fingers my echo is good this spring.

epstns;n886740 said:
I guess we will have to wait for the Edwards customer satisfaction survey to see how ours stack up to the rest of our cohort. . .

Just kidding. There was/is no survey, but I imagine they are somehow tracking each generation of valves to see how they endure.

Thanks, everyone! I'll be around for a while yet. . .

Congratulations, may you have many more!

When it comes to valve tracking, I know they have to track adverse events, but not sure about anything else. If the clinical trial included long term tracking, they would be doing that, but for a product to be approved, in general, the clinical trial has to end. Here is an example adverse event report:
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/Cfdocs/cfmaude/detail.cfm?mdrfoi__id=2809137

Congratulations Steve!
And i profit the occasion to thanks you for your great contributions to this forum.

Latest posts

Back