I almost forgot. . . MOO is SEVEN!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
The title tells the story in more ways than one. This morning marks the SEVENTH anniversary of my lifesaver, my Edwards pericardial aortic valve. The years have literally flown by, as I just don't know where they've gone. I guess that is one measure of the great success of the valve replacement process. We, the patients, get to the place where we no longer even realize that we have our valves, nor do we consciously remember how long we've had them. The many speed bumps on the road to recovery are still remembered, but those memories are dimmed, overshadowed by the many wonderful things that have taken place since.

In my case, my recovery was a bit rougher than the norm. I did not feel really "100%" for nearly a year. That first recovery year felt like a decade. Since then, however, so much has happened that I reflect and feel truly lucky to have had the care that I received. I have become "just another old grey-haired dude" in the world. I am still working (at age 70) but plan to enter semi-retirement in a month or so. Our daughter has married, moved across the country, and blessed us with two grandsons. My wife has retired. We have traveled, and plan to travel even more. I still go to the gym 5 days a week and outdo men years younger than I.

I have felt at home here, all these years. I have made many friends, and lost a few along the way. You are all very precious to me, as friends add an entire dimension to life. You help me when I'm down, and I like to think that I help you, too.

I am blessed many times over. I am a happy man. Life is good.

MOO!

hey
congratulations

Like Superman said ... when you miss them then its a good indicator you're "back to normal"

myself I'm unsure I've ever been normal ... but I'm willing to carry the point for arguments sake
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"872","width":"716","src":"https:\/\/c1.staticflickr.com\/5\/4553\/38497102056_b3e2336c03_b.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Steve, I had this great post full of congratulations and philosophical thoughts posted. Then I made the mistake of editing it. It may never appear, but the wish is still valid.

Fred
FredW;n882069 said:
Steve, I had this great post full of congratulations and philosophical thoughts posted. Then I made the mistake of editing it. It may never appear, but the wish is still valid.

I know how you feelSo far I've found that putting any comments in the reason field stops that nonsense

Last edited:
Woo Hoo!!! Lucky #7...wishing you many, many more years of moovvinnngg along nicely! :)
BTW, Steve we are very blessed to have you as a member of this valve family.
Thank YOU!

Well, a HEARTY-ty (yuk, yuk, yuk!) congratulations Steve! I was thinking some of the same thoughts about my valve just last night, realizing - like you - that I seldom give it a second thought. As for OHS, for me it was akin to birthing babies; eventually the pain was forgotten and difficult to remember. Though for OHS that might be due to my age and fading memory.

An inspiration, Steve!
Happy Moo-day to you.
Always generous with your advice and good thoughts. We are ever grateful.
Wishing you many more beautiful days ahead. Viva.

Steve,

What an awesome post! It sounds like you are living a healthy, happy and lucky life. I know we only just met, but I can’t thank you enough for the support you have given already. Looking forward to many more conversations to come:)!!

best,
Josh

Thanks, everyone, for all the good wishes. I will always remember the warmth and support I received here when I first joined, the ongoing support over my years in The Waiting Room, all the help as I came home from surgery, and the ongoing friendships since.

My heartfelt gratitude to all!

Congrats on a great milestone, Steve! sorry this got to you late but having some tribulations of my own at this time. I look forward to reading more about your upcoming retirement and enjoyment of life all around. Go you!

Latest posts

Back