Husbands Seven Year Anniversary Today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryj

Seven years ago this morning I set in the Cardiac Surgery waiting room while my husband of nearly 34 years was in surgery to replace his bicuspid aortic valve with a mechanical one. I sat with my daughter,son and very pregnant daughter-in-law. I was mindlessly watching tv when the first plane hit the towers. I was so worried about my husband that it took a while for me to realize what was happening in New York. Then all of us sitting in the waiting room strangers and friends alike watched in shock at what was unfolding before us. My cousin who was a security guard at the hospital came and told me there was a terrorist threat against the Bank Of America next door(rumors were flying) and the hospital was going to be evacuated. I remember worrying about what was going on in surgery and did the doctors and nurses in surgery know what was going on. I remember my husband waking up in CICU and the nurses had the TV on and he asked what movie was on. I couldn't bring myself to tell him what had happended. So, this morning as he got ready for work and he put on his 9/11/01 tee shirt to wear today, we said a prayer for everyone who died on that day and we said a prayer that our country is still our country no matter what and we will be able to celebrate 41 years of marriage this year and live to enjoy our 9 grandchildren. No matter what anyone thinks of politics GOD BLESS AMERICA.

I couldn't imagine being in your shoes that day. My best friends mother had just left the Pentagon and I believe she saw the plane cross the overpass she was on in her rear view mirror. I couldn't imagine being in my wife's shoes when I had my last surgery. I admire her and people like you who can hold it together in front of so many. I second your GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! I have a very close nephew in Iraq on his second tour with the special forces. Hope to see him in February when he gets home.

Thanks for all the well wishes. We have been together forever. We started dating when I was 14 and I can't imagine life without him. He is my heart.

Congratulations to you both. Terry's valversary date makes it even more special and is a good reminder to cherish every day we have our loved ones!

Latest posts

Back