Husbands 4 Year Birthday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryj

My husbands ATS Aortic Valve turned 4 on 9/11. He fished in a tournament and won 3rd place. Life is good. I baked him a cake and when he came home we celebrated his fishing win and his 4 years still ticking. Our 10 year old granddaughter called to wish his heart a happy 4th birthday. She remembered all on her own. Life is good and so far coumadin is only a pill he takes everyday and he gets stuck once a month. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Congratulations to Terry! And to you as well!!! We valvers tend to be a little more nostolgic than the average person. Glad you are celebrating life!!!

Your hubby's surgery day was the worst day of so many lives...how poignant that your family gets to celebrate his "rebirth" every year on that day.

Congratulations and best wishes for many more anniversary celebrations.

I was in the surgery waiting room with my son,daughter and daughter-inlaw
while my husband was in surgery. The tv was on and we saw the first plane hit the WTC and we thought it was just a tragic accident and then we saw the second plane and like everyone else realized it wasn't an accident. Then they came in the waiting room and said they may have to evacute everyone from the hospital(in Atlanta) because there was a threat on the Bank of America building next door. I prayed that the doctors in surgery were unaware of what was going on so they could just concentrate on my husbands surgery. When he came out of surgery in ICU and woke up and they removed the tube from his throat the tv was on and showing the terrorist attacks and he asked me what movie was on. That was the hardest day of my life to get through as it was for so many.

Congratulations, and may he be a timex and continue to tick.It is wonderful, love the pup

The day must bring back bittersweet recollections. It's great that your granddaughter identifies the day with your husband's valve replacement.

I remember how much I cried that day and how much I physically ached from all the sobbing. I could not even imagine going through that with a cracked chest. In addition, how much trauma you must have gone through. Glad the day has some really good memories for you.

Happy Birthday to your hubby's valve.

Wow, Happy fourth birthday to your husbands valve. My husbands one year will be coming up next month. I can't believe how fast the time goes.

It is nice to know something happy happened on that day in 2001.

Back