Husband has unusual headache

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
My husband has had a type fo head pain for over 24 hours that I have never experienced, although I am the one with migraine disorder.

On the back of his head, to the right, above the atlas, he is getting episodes of sharp pain that last for up to a minute. After that the area either throbs or the pain subsides. Sometimes the pain radiates to his right temple. When he touches the area, it feels bruised.

He has not hit his head. He does not have a cold or sinus infection. He is not currently suffering from any allergies the clog his sinuses, nor does he have an earache. His back and neck do not hurt and he does not remember doing anything to hurt them.

He rarely has headaches. When he does, they accompany a cold or flu.

Any insights into what this might be?

If you are worried, go to ER; I wouldn't like to ignore a head issue in case it is serious.

Has he taken anything for it? has it helped? does it go away when he lies down? or gets up? does he have a fever? all things to think about. . .

I am tired, and will catch up with this in the morning.

If you are worried, go to ER; I wouldn't like to ignore a head issue in case it is serious.

Has he taken anything for it? has it helped? does it go away when he lies down? or gets up? does he have a fever? all things to think about. . .

I was thinking the same thing. Does the pain come on when he turns his head from left to right?

I agree with the others that a sharp headache especially since your husband doesn't suffer from headaches, should NOT be ignored. If the pain persists and/or gets worse, take him to the ER.

Good luck & let us know what's happening.

I would either CALL a Doctor NOW
or go to the ER to rule out a Brain Bleed.

How intense is this pain?
If it is ever Intense, I would definitely go to the ER ASAP.

Back