Hr at resting was 112!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CThrock

I've noticed the last few days that my heart beats have been jumping and beating irregular mainly at resting.
Well yesterday I went to my cardio rehab and my resting heart rate was 112.
Usually its around 89-94. A couple of other times it was around 102 & 107.
I told the nurse and she wanted me to be on the monitor to see if they saw anything irregular while working out. Well I had a good work out but my HR was always around 118-124.
I'm wondering whats going on? My last echo was not great showed that my tricuspid valve was leaking. I see the cardio dr Oct 22 should I call and make it earlier or just see how my HR is the next few days? I also feel a little dizzing sometimes and its not because I'm blond. ;)
Have any of you gone through any thing like this. Could you please share!! I'm a little uneasy about the whole thing. Because most of the time I feel pretty good.
My INR last week was 2.9. so thats been good.
Thanks for the listening ear. I don't know what I would do without this site
alot of wisdom here...

Your friend till the end,
Crystal :)

Crystal, I have had this for 3 days now. I am very frustrated too.
Mine started Sunday night when trying to sleep after a busy day.
Then MOnday right after dinner I had double vision and dizzyness (also not blonde related).
Tuesday night I had my heart dancing and jumping, it was very strong, and my left arm and side of neck went numb for a couple of minutes.
Yesterday I spoke to my GP and we agreed that I would increase my BB slightly.
He had me check my INR right away and it is 3.1
I still woke up at 4 a.m. with a racing HR so I took another 1/4 pill of BB like he said.
Isn't this frustrating when we think we are doing so well?
Can someone wave their magic wand in our direction please.

Bina,
Thanks for replying. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one. I'm over two years from OHS and this just comes at a shock. I've had no numbness but alittle heavyness in the chest. The heart rate thing goes and comes. I take BP meds so maybe I should call my cardio dr and see what he says. I've been trying to see if the HR calms down alittle before I do anything. Keep me update on whats going on with yours too. :confused:

For example, yesterday I had split my BB into 4 doses(Metoprolol), if I take a bigger dose in the morning I am wiped out, so doc said I can take 25 mg in the morning, then late afternoon 12.5 mg, then bed time 12.5 and I save a tiny 6 mg dose if I wake up during the night and can't get the HR settled down again.
I'm not saying this is what anyone else should do, it's just that we don't have the extended release of Metoprolol available here yet.

I am on Metoprolol 25mg 1/2 morning and 1/2 evening. 50mg of Cozaar afternoon for BP and kidney. This is just for my BP.
What are you on Bina? or anyone alse having this problem.

Dear Friends,

I know how frustrating this could be and I hope it is nothing. From my own experience, when I have coffee or chocolates, I noticed my pulse goes high unlike before surgery. I am praying for both of you, and for all of us.

Eva

Thanks Eva, I know you are going through recovery for yourself. Hope you are feeling better everyday. Keeping you in my prayers also.
Your friend,
Crystal

Thanks Eva, I know you are going through recovery for yourself. Hope you are feeling better everyday. Keeping you in my prayers also.
Your friend,
Crystal
Hi Crystal, I am happy with the slight improvement every day, but cannot deny some anxiety inside me hoping to continue doing well. Keep us posted about your situation

I also avoid coffee, and salt is baaad news. But a little nibble of milk chocolate is good for the soul.
Yes, Bina. Salt is a baaaaaaad news. Yesterday I asked my sister to add a little bit (1/4 of teaspoon) to the special food I like, and I felt the difference in my heart beats on wake up during the nights and in the mornings. I heart the tickings for the first time and the deep heart beating and my weight went up one lb.!!! unbelievable.

It took a long time for my heartrate to come down post surgery, and although I did have bouts of 100+, I never got over 105. I think I'd give the cardio a call and ask what's up.

It took consistent exercise to finally bring my heart rate down. At the GP's today, it was 76, still not great, and my BP was 110/60, great!;) I did try medication, but the side effects weren't worth it. I decided to try the exercise after reading Marty's post where he said that worked for him.

I don't think there's a quick solution to lowering it, but this far out of surgery I would expect some answers from the cardiologist.

Thanks Mary, when did Marty post? I would like to read it. My BP has always been good 118/68 but it's my heart rate thats not stable. I watch my salt and excercise 3 times a week. Plus active during the day. I will give my cardio a call on Monday. Want to see how the weekend goes.
Thanks for the input.:)

Mary, you mean we all gotta get our butts off the computer chairs?
That is just crazy talk. Ha Ha.
I'm joking.... in between postings I fold laundry, take the dog out, kiss the goats,
put away dishes, and try to keep this shack a tiny bit tidy.

Gosh I just logged in was shocked to see my two good friends in distress! :eek:

Crystal -- Perhaps you should call your cardio's office & see if they can fit you in before the 22nd --- I don't like the dizzy spells & the heaviness you said you're feeling in your chest at times. (I was having a funny, sharp sensation in the middle of my chest a few weeks ago that I would notice when I bent down to pick up stuff or to pick up my cat but it's subsided, so.....) Anyway wouldn't hurt to call & see if they can take you sooner. :)

And Bina, my goat nanny friend, when are you due for an Echo or have you had one recently? Also, don't know how often you nibble on the chocolate but perhaps less nibbling is called for. I know you avoid the salt like I do so no real worries there.... but perhaps you too should try to go in to visit w/your cardio soon?

Anyway, I hope you two get to feeling better & if you notice things are gettin' worse, then high-tail it to the doctor & that's an order! :p

Hi Norma, my GP can see me if I freak out, otherwise I see him again Nov.26
And the cardio, well, what can I say.....I'm trying for November also. He just thinks I'm a wimp.
My last echo was August 2007. Are those annualy or every 18 mths?

Hi Norma, my GP can see me if I freak out, otherwise I see him again Nov.26
And the cardio, well, what can I say.....I'm trying for November also. He just thinks I'm a wimp.
My last echo was August 2007. Are those annualy or every 18 mths?

I have mine every six months due to the precarious status of my mitral but I was having them annually for the last few years. I think you're due for another one right about now.

Norma so nice to have you here. Your like my mother in discuised and thats a good thing!! Stress who me!!:D I notice that when I go exercise my HR does get better. I have lost about 20 lbs so far, getting that part taken care of slowly but surely. I do good with the salt thing. I'm like Bina like a bit of chocolate every once in awhile.;)
I promise to call the dr Monday, my last echo was done in Aug. and if you remember my tricuspid valve was a problem. But having been feeling good otherwise. Thanks for the words of wisdom!!!

Your friend,
Crystal

Latest posts

Back