Hows Jake?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Perrster

How's Jake and everyone doing? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
I was wondering if you had shown your epic surgery movie yet?

Hoping all is well.

Hi Perry and all our friends! Sorry its been so long!

Hi Perry and all our friends! Sorry its been so long!

Hi Perry and everyone! Thanks for asking. Jacob is doing well. He seems to have more energy than before the surgery, overall, less fatigue. He still is not (supposedly) lifting over five pounds. We are going in for a check-up next Tuesday and we will see what the doctor has to say. He is still taking daily pills for his blood pressure since it had been high. He is fully back into the routines of school, he is out of town right now on the road with the high school basketball team at an away game. He isn't playing yet but he goes along and keep stats. He continues to be very interested in archery, which he will pick up once the sternum is all healed. He has been working with a friend of ours trying to sell a bow on e-bay and that has been fun. Had a bunch of friends over to watch the Superbowl yesterday. Jake did notice a bump on his sternum along the incision area the other day but he thought it was kinda cool. Looking back at that crazy intense few weeks in December it seems unreal.

I am surprised at how many threads have been added since we were last here. I can't even find our "JayTwo post op and beyond" thread that we started. So many people logging on to receive perspective and support regarding their surgeries. I'm so grateful and appreciative of all the help we have gotten here. Perry if you or anyone else here knows of someone Jake's age or younger that is going in for vr surgery Jake would be happy to correspond and provide support. Is there some secure way I can make our e-mail address available in case anyone ever wanted to contact us?

As far as the movie goes, yes Jake shows that to anyone who is interested. He had one aunt stay out of the room so she wouldn't get grossed out, then she just kind of peeked in from the doorway at the far end of the room because she was curious. We think we just about have the different parts of the surgery figured out - the homograft vs the pulmonary vs the aortic, etc. The surgeon said he'd watch it with us sometime and give us a running commentary. I'm in awe of medical miracles every time I watch it.

Thanks for writing!

Jake's Mom

Always Something Going On

Always Something Going On

This place is bustling, growing cybercity.

Hank's got the counter thang going so when a new member signs up the number inceases on the front page.

It's great to hear Jacob is doing so well. FYI: your (my) email address is fairly secure via the link in our "profile." Just click on an underlined person's name (red text) on the Forums page. That should take you to their profile. Click to email once you're there.

Cheerio!

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing us up to date on Jake. Sounds like he's moving right along with his life. Isn't it wonderful? Tell him hello and keep on goin and showing his badge of life. God bless:)

so glad to hear jacob is doing well. glad to hear he's back to most of his activities. the rest will come in good time. wishing you all continued health and please come in and visit once in awhile and let us know how things are.
be well,
sylvia
p.s. perry is right. if you'd like, we'll be sure to mention to any young ones who come in that they can either email jacob or p.m. him.
again, it's good to hear from you.

Got a question for you, Perry

Got a question for you, Perry

Thank you for the answers - that is great to think of Jake's scar as his badge of life. We'll remember that. Its pretty bright red now and if it stays that way it will definitely be drawing attention. Say, Perry, we are curious about something. What is your dog holding in his or her mouth? Slippers? A stuffed animal? Is this, like, totally obvious to everyone else but us?
Nothing to do with valve replacement, but we just had to ask. All of our friends at vr.com, have a great day, and God bless you!
Jake and Jake's Mom

Gyzmo

Gyzmo

That's Gyzmo's favorite squeeky cheeseburger. It's almost as big as her head. She often brings it to me when I arrive home from work. Must be something in her mix, because she always has something in her mouth. Her favorite is dirty socks! Her record is two-1/2 pairs in her mouth at once! Weird way animals affect us.

Go with Robs remedy for your scar (cocoa butter) or an Aloe Vera lotion.

Last edited:
Hi Perry-

Just had to comment on the sox and your dog. We had a little Shih Tzu who was totally bonded to Joe. The dog loved Joe's socks too. Whenever Joe would have to go to the hospital, the dog would actually get depressed. We figured out that he thought Joe had died. So every time I went to visit, I had to bring a pair of socks for Joe to wear around in the hospital and I would bring them home for our dog. He perked right up

That sweet dog passed away and we now have a cute new Shih Tzu. She doesn't have the same "perversion". LOL

Latest posts

Back