How to Raise Ejection Fraction?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I guess I have become one of those who only check in when something is wrong:cautious:. My apologies—but here I am once again. I’ll jump right in:

Echocardiogram taken last week. Ejection fraction has declined from 40-45% to now 35-40%. I see the cardio in 4 weeks, but they already told me that they’re planning on retesting in 6 months. If EF is still declining they will then discuss what action to take next.

I have been taking 10mg of lisinopril daily and 3.125mg carvedilol 2 times/day since my last echocardiogram 6 months ago. I cannot for the life of me figure out why my EF is still declining. The only thing we can surmise is the fairly heavy weightlifting that I have been doing could be causing the EF to drop (?). Or, possibly, perhaps acute stress—long story (?).

I have indeed been feeling short of breath & fatigued again, but I was attributing that to the beta-blockers. Regardless, it seems apparent to me that my heart is slowly failing. If my EF continues to drop I suppose the only next step would be to get on a heart transplant list (?). But, even in that case I have heard that most transplant patients only make it for approx. 10 years if they’re fortunate.

Not really sure what action to take next to help drop EF, but, I am curious about this site that touts raising EF with CoQ10, Magnesium, etc.: https://www.drsinatra.com/.

I also intend to definitely take it easier in the gym and try to transition to more cardio work (which I despise) and less weightlifting. As a lifelong gym rat this is no easy task (as fellow gym rats will attest)—but it certainly isn’t worth dying over 😳.

Would greatly appreciate any input from this forum. I did see several very interesting threads when I checked back in & thought, “Why on earth haven’t you been reading on here:mad:???” Much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back