How scared should I be?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But does the emotion change your INR, or how you manage the emotion? I’m inclined toward the latter. Stress eating. Grief starving. Changing exercise routines due to emotion, whether it be starting or stopping. It’s still the dietary and activity levels that change INR. Not just feelings.

Reactions: Amy
But does the emotion change your INR, or how you manage the emotion? I’m inclined toward the latter.
Hard to be sure, but things like this suggest maybe there are physiological changes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy
Myself I lost an amount of hair (which slowed later) as well as greyed a lot (also slowed). I believe my diet and activity remained reasonably similar (Garmin activity levels similar) but sleep was dreadful.

Hard to be sure because it was a busy year that one.

Hi. I am new to all this and so thankful I found this forum. Some invaluable information from a wealth of experience.
My aortic valve was replaced Feb 3 this year, so I am about 10 weeks post op. Don't ask me anything technical I don't yet have enough knowledge to answer you.
Now to the real question. I am struggling to get my INR up to the recommendation of between 2 and 3. I have a local lab and test weekly. I started on 4mg of warfarin daily and through recommendations from my cardiologist I have been increasing at 10% so that I am now up to 6mg a day. My INR is sitting at 1.39 and won't budge!!!!
Confession time. I like to have a beer and have a couple of Chang in the evening (live in Thailand) also my gf, who is an exceptional cook, does ply me with a lot of veggies.
I have read through a number of feeds and the consensus, if I am correct, is dose to diet not diet to dose. This was confirmed by my cardiologist by him saying as long as you are consistent, the dose can be adjusted.
Can anyone offer some suggestions aside from totally abstinence and withdrawing from what I consider to be a normal life.
Many of the medical journals being quoted by the medical professionals here are dated 2006 or earlier.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Hey man I sent you a direct message. I'm in the same boat. I'm living in Thailand 60 years old in Bangkok probably going to do the surgery in the next month or so looking at doing it at chula. Trying to figure out which valve to get. I'm also concerned about the quality of Health Care here especially after I get home luckily I live in Bangkok so if I need to go back or have an emergency I'll be close to Chula which is about 10 km away from here there's other hospitals as far away as only a couple of kilometers. Yeah I'm worried about working with the clinics on the warfarin.

Back