Quantcast

How do I quote ?

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
I have tried multiple ways to quote someone's message in a recent post. I have selected text in the message I want to quote, I have used the +quote icon, I have used the -quote icon, I have used the inverted commas icon, I have used regular html to quote, I am failing miserably ! Please help with instructions !

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Select text from posters comment then hit “reply” not “quote”....<....>
Hope this makes sense.
Your instructions did indeed make sense - though the logic of why hit 'reply' to quote instead of 'quote' does not make sense to me :rolleyes: Many thanks Gordo !

Ummm - I wonder how one quotes from mutiple different posts ? Best not go there lol

Gordo60

Ummm - I wonder how one quotes from mutiple different posts ? Best not go there lol
Simply repeat the process. Go back to how ever many previous posts you want to select text from, one at a time, then select / reply over and over again.

The quoted selected text will be copied to your edit window usuallly where the cursor was last positioned. If not where you wanted it then just copy / paste to where you want it amongst your text.

You can experiment then click on PREVIEW at the bottom to see the outcome. When happy, then post reply. :)

PS: great to see an increase in forum traffic.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Your instructions did indeed make sense - though the logic of why hit 'reply' to quote instead of 'quote' does not make sense to me :rolleyes: Many thanks Gordo !

If you hit reply, as I did here, the complete message is quoted in your reply.