How do I do this?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blanche

Happy to be here
Supporting Member
I have a problem that needs attention.

The radiologist says that he can help me with a stereotactic biopsy.

Sounds good to me, But.........he wants me to get my INR down to zero...zero zero zero zero.................

As my grandmon would say, holy cripes...lord love a duck.

Sounds good to me, But.........he wants me to get my INR down to zero...zero zero zero zero.................

I can't offer any advice concerning the INR management, Blanche, but I do hope that everything is taken care of and this issue is soon a thing of the past.

Blanche, We do these stereotactic biopsies in my department. They are done with a needle and bleeding complications are rare. In patients taking warfarin for a mechanical valve, particularly a mitral, we usually bridge. If the patient is taking warfarin for DVT or a-fib we usually do a four day hold.

Blanche, zero is impossible or our blood would be solid.

Since you don't take Warfarin for a mechanical valve, I don't know what your risk is for going off of it for a few days, but I think bridging would be in order. Whatever happens, I am praying for you, so let us know.

Don't have answers Blanche but will give prayers everythying goes well.

zipper2 (DEB)

Latest posts

Back