hope all went well with you today, dorie,chris,joan,and McCln

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I know you were all scheduled for your surgeries (either yesterday or) today and just wanted to let you know we are all thinking of you on this day. Hope to hear from each of you soon.

God bless you all.
-sylvia

hey, peter!
how have you been feeling? are you up and around a bit more each day? i see you on the forum more each day_although i guess you could do that from a seated position in bed as well.
i hope you feel well and get stronger as each day passes.
thank you again for all the research you had done prior to your avr. i know it helped us tremendously and i imagine many others benefited as well.

be well ,
sylvia

not till next week

not till next week

Hi Sylvia..thanks for your good wishes..I'm scheduled next Friday the 21st..but I'll take your good wishes a week early..I need all I can get!!
My best wishes for all scheduled today..I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you very soon .
Joan:) :)

Motoring forward

Motoring forward

Hi Sylvia!

I'm doing better and better, thanks. I walk a bit more every day -- first around and inside the house, now down the road, though only in the 1/4 mile range. I reallly have little discomfort and pain, other than coughling and vigorous movement that would exercise the sternal opening. I don't really take pain medication, except at night, and then only for the analgesic sleep-inducing effect -- or when I have slight fevers. I am sleeping longer at a whack, though the schedule is still pretty corny -- but so what? I just enjoy lollygagging around.

I have one of those suck-on-it gizmos to develop lung capacity and am up to about 1500 cc. (The kids enjoy giving it a whirl, too.) I do a light bit of work (since a good part of mine is electronic anyways) for which everyone chides me. Am reading some Dick Francis novels with enjoyment and got out of the library the book "King of Hearts" about Dr. Walt Lillehai (sp?), the Father of Open Heart Surgery. Quite a story! Also am storing up some ones that I've always wanted to read, like Barbara Tuchman's "Guns of August" (maybe understanding how we got into the cataclysms of the last century will help us avoid those lurking in this one).

I go back to see the surgeon in Gainesville next Monday for my 2-week post-operative checkup and have (wouldn't you guess?) a list of questions. Wish I could be with folks for the "reunion" but that may be a bit too much circumnavigation at such a relatively early date.

Peter

Hey Peter,
So glad to hear your doing really well.
About the reunion, is it a golf reunion? If so, maybe I'll ship Joey off with you guys next year! He'd love it!!
I keep telling him to sign on to the forum, I think he has a lot to offer even if he is still pre-surgery , but he seems to be more comfortable just peeking in and reading printouts I hand him.
Well, keep up the good rehab! 1/4 mile in 9 days is amazing!!

I'll be in touch as we go along. This NY thing has us totally distracted for now, so we can't fully think about thurs.
Stay well,
Sylvia

Latest posts

Back