Hooray - I now have a Coaguchek XS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I haven't tried that. I've been using the 21 gauge lancets for years, with only a few issues when I couldn't get enough blood - or to put it on the exact spot where I needed it on the InRatio strip. I have so many lancets that I consider them to be practically free - but at a quarter apiece for the lancing devices, it almost seems more cost effective to use them than it does to waste a strip. (I wasted two XS strips a week or so ago, and didn't think that it was possible to not get enough blood out of the finger for those strips.

I'll try your trick, using my 21 gauge lancets. I'm sure that it'll probably do the trick. (The commercial devices may be just slightly less hassle).

Thanks for the tip.

I wasted two XS strips a week or so ago, and didn't think that it was possible to not get enough blood out of the finger for those strips.

this is why I developed the technique. Now I don't need to lance as deep and I get it within the 15 seconds with no triggering of thrombin factors caused by milking

I get more accurate readings than I used to and less bleeding after lancing too!

:)

I'll definitely get some floss or thread and give it a try. (It's undoubtedly better than pressing the area below the knuckle).

With the Unistik, I am able to get a big enough drop - no milking - but if I can make use of my 21 gauge lancets and don't cut as deeply, this would be very good. (The Unistik let me get enough blood to feed the InRatio 2 and Coaguchek XS from one incision - within 10 or so seconds of incision -- I will try the floss technique and see how well this works).

It seems as if this technique is one that should be made aware to anyone doing INR testing.

(Do you wrap the thread above or below the knuckle?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back