Home Testing Supplies in US

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almost_hectic

Where can I purchase Coaguchek test strips in the US directly, for my own home use—without going through a monitoring service and without going through insurance? Is there a medical supply company who will sell direct to me, I can provide a doctors prescription if necessary but Im hoping to not go through insurance because in my research the cost multiplies several times when doing that. I know many people have mentioned buying on eBay but I would be more confident in going to some kind of medical supplier... if thats possible.

Where can I purchase Coaguchek test strips in the US directly, for my own home use—without going through a monitoring service and without going through insurance? Is there a medical supply company who will sell direct to me, I can provide a doctors prescription if necessary but Im hoping to not go through insurance because in my research the cost multiplies several times when doing that. I know many people have mentioned buying on eBay but I would be more confident in going to some kind of medical supplier... if thats possible.
I recall ebay being the only place for that meter. Roche has a lock on it in the US. Coag Sense can be purchased thru Wilburn Medical. The bitter reality of US Healthcare.

A number of years ago I questioned the FDA and was told that a prescription was not required for home testing of INR. You could ask the firm your insurance uses what the cost is as a private individual. Hospitals give deep discounts for those paying cash w/o insurance.

You might ask your cardiologist or their nurse. My nurse is a wealth of information. She took care of the process for me but used my insurance company.

Yeah I found its probably more expensive for me to go through my insurance than it is to purchase direct. I have found a couple of places willing to sell direct to me (even though I am insured) one requires a doctors order, the other requires nothing. Although for the seconding I found a handful not nice at all remarks about them on Better Business Bureau but they advertise 24 test streps for $120...

My other source I found it $57 for six strips if I purchase only supplies. Or complete home monitoring service plus machine and supplies for $80 a month

Where can I purchase Coaguchek test strips in the US directly,

This is the reason I switched to a service. The direct buy options are eBay or a revolving door of suppliers. A service does cost more (through my current ACA insurer), but I never have to worry about acquiring strips and the extra cost while large on a percentage basis is not material. I'm estimating I'll pay less once I'm on Medicare.

There was one source that I looked at over a year ago. BerryMedics that still has a valid URL and lists a 48 count box with a 3/31/2023 expiry (earlier than I would want). I recall the reviews and BBB rating were average. Might be worth checking out.

This is the reason I switched to a service. The direct buy options are eBay or a revolving door of suppliers. A service does cost more (through my current ACA insurer), but I never have to worry about acquiring strips and the extra cost while large on a percentage basis is not material. I'm estimating I'll pay less once I'm on Medicare.

There was one source that I looked at over a year ago. BerryMedics that still has a valid URL and lists a 48 count box with a 3/31/2023 expiry (earlier than I would want). I recall the reviews and BBB rating were average. Might be worth checking out.

yes BerryMedics was one I found. BBB reviews made it sound scammy

Latest posts

Back