Home INR monitoring vs glucometer monitoring

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

Because I've been gathering data on my average FBG with a home glucometer, I have gotten much more familiar with the finger sticking process involved. I was for the most part pleasantly surprised -- there are times when I genuinely do not feel the lancet poke me and still get a decent drop of blood.

I was wondering how this compares to using a home INR monitor like the coagucheck, Is it more or less painful/invasive/inconvenient?

About the same

If​​​​​ you keep lancing the same spot you kill the nerves over time and don't feel anything.

Lance the side.

They recently changed my lancets. Previously I had a spring loaded device that had adjustable depth and I would replace the disposable lancet. Now I receive a bag of spring loaded, single use devices.

The new ones seem to have a finer point, but get the depth needed. I don't feel these as much as the old ones, but I get a more consistent sample. I think the old ones had a bigger needle, but didn't poke as deep. I always used the deepest setting too.

In answer to the original question, I think the lancets are independent of the device used to run the required test. You may be using the same lancets some of us use.

I do get bored with the home testing. I've often wondered with all the extra lancets I have, if it really matters where I get my blood from? Could I run a successful test poking my toe for example? Ear lobe? How about a shaving knick? If I cut myself shaving, can I quick get my kit and test that blood? What if I have a bloody nose? Can a run a test off that?

...... Sorry - was that out loud?

Superman;n880713 said:
I do get bored with the home testing. I've often wondered

...... Sorry - was that out loud?

No

Why not involve the family.. Get the kids to blindfold you and see where they choose to sample?

Superman;n880713 said:
I do get bored with the home testing. I've often wondered if it really matters where I get my blood from? Could I run a successful test poking my toe for example? Ear lobe
?

INR Yoga
Keep to the 15 second rule

pellicle;n880715 said:
No

Why not involve the family.. Get the kids to blindfold you and see where they choose to sample?

Oh the kids would love this! I could even make it a privilege and have them do chores for it. "Whoever washes the windows gets to stab daddy this week!"

Superman;n880717 said:
Oh the kids would love this! I could even make it a privilege and have them do chores for it. "Whoever washes the windows gets to stab daddy this week!"

41SA1ER5MTL.jpg

Noc, you need more blood for INR than BSL. The lancet is deeper and thicker. Not that big a deal. Find someone who uses a Coaguchek and check it out yourself. You won't be wasting a strip.

Back