Home After AVR W/CABGs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roy

Hello there everyone. Just returned home after
AVR and double bypass at Cleveland Clinic. The
people there were great and I can't say enough
about their professionalism, both doctors and nurses. Even the weather cooperated while we were there with no frozen precip. Had the surgery the
afternoon of the 12th and was released morning of the 17th. My wife (Eleanor)did yeoman duty driving
me home to sunny Florida. I'm not a good passenger under the best of circumstances. Although I can't in all honesty really recommend
a three day road trip after such surgery, it
is doable (with pain meds) and we both survived. Thanks again for all of the support and information from everyone on the site, you're a great group. If anyone has any questions concerning the procedure from start to finish I would be happy to talk to them. Best wishes to all, Roy

Gee, that's good news Roy. We were wondering about how you did. Home in time for Thanksgiving, how nice.

You sound wonderful and upbeat. Happy recovering.

Didn't you say you had met Linda? She posted to us about your surgery. Glad you are home in good ole Fl. We had 28 yesterday in Crestview - but we are 30 mi s of Alabama line in NW Fl. Know it's nicer where you are.

Keep your pillow handy. Better yet, don't sneeze for a year.

God bless:D

Congratulations

Congratulations

Congratulations and welcome home, Roy

When you feel up to it, please do post some details about your procedure at Cleveland Clinic.

Take care and get your buns into re-hab as soon as possible.

hi roy!
so glad to hear you are home and on your way to recovery. i'm glad all went well. what a ride that must have been!! what about those bumpy roads?? ouch!
please keep us posted as to how you're doing. happy thanksgiving.
be well and God bless,
sylvia

Hi Roy:) :D
I'm so glad to see your post and that all went well. We AVR/CABG folks need to keep tabs on each other..we're a rare breed here:) Glad the ride back home to Floorida went well. I started rehab on Monday at 8 weeks post op. I assume that they will get you going to rehab as soon as you are healed sufficiently too. If you have any questions we are all here for you. Heal quickly.
Joan

That sounds like some ride.

That sounds like some ride.

Wow. I complained about a ten-minute ride to see the doctor.

Latest posts

Back