H'lo all!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Hello, how are you guys doing? I am good. I have been attempting to keep myself busy. My gramma is leaving tomorrow, going back to MN from WA. She's driving. The only part I didn't like about waking up from the surgery was being intubated! I have been taking my percocet, since I have two little ones who are quite demanding. The only thing my hubby will let me do is feed Erik AFTER he puts him on my lap. Other than that, he won't even let me near my car, won't let me grocery shop...I feel soooo dependant. I guess that's ok, let me get a break in, eh? My house is still VERY clean though. I only do the laundry and the cooking and such. I nap daily, and my energy level is going up every day. I thought it was funny the morning of my surgery, I almost ate a hershey Kiss :D I thought it was funny. I remembered just in the nick of time! Well, i better get going. I'll try to keep everyone posted, I've just been sort of busy...My hubby is in the navy and all. Take care!

Hooray

Hooray

Great to hear from you, Joy! Bravo and straight ahead! May every day bring more strength, more gratitude! We're cheering over here in the bleachers.

Peter

Hi Joy-

I'm so happy for you. You're doing really well, and it sounds like you have a real nice guy for a husband. Keep getting pampered for a little while longer.

Hi Joy

Hi Joy

Glad to hear that you are diong so well, keep up the good work. TAKE it easy, at least for awhile.

Hi Joy,

Glad to hear you're doing so well! Take all the pampering you can get for a while longer. As each day goes by, you will get stronger and stronger. :)

Glad to hear surgery went well. Enjoy the help
while its there. Afterwhile it starts to fade and your left
doing things again for yourself. It has been two years
since my surgery now it seems impossible to get help
from my family. The main thing is they pitch in when you
see to need them most.
Judy

Joy - great to hear from you again. Sounds like all is normal and getting better all the time.

hi joy!
glad to hear you're doing so well. sounds to me like you're already getting into the swing of things around the house. please don't rush it. your husband sounds like a gem; you're lucky to have him.
pleae come back slowly and get the rest you need.
keep feeling well,
sylvia

Joy
How marvelous you "sound". It is great that you have such support, and your husband is truly helping out. Dont over do it, I promise you will be sorry!! Been there... etc.

Take care, try to relax, and just enjoy being catered to for a change. Not to worry, it wont last long :)

Dear Joy,
Cooking and laundry???? Sheesh gal... give yourself a break... you deserve it!!! Don't make me come down there.. or over there as the case may be...I live in Idaho and am a native of Oregon.

You take it easy and stay away from that car!!! Your little ones need you around and if you try to do too much it will affect your recovery... you need rest!!!! We too want to keep you around as long as possible.

Take care,
Zazzy
Mitral Valve repair October 2000
Dxed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia January 2001
Dxed with breast cancer and received mastecomny May 2001
Staph infection survivor June 2001
Tired woman.... all the time! lol

Hi! I only have help for three more days. I need to get this all figure out how to keep the house clean, take care of a 4 month old(without lifting him, of course) and a 2 1/2 year old, AND make lunch, dinner, and breakfast for 4. It's difficult even without this recovery time cut short. Kevin's in the navy, and with theconflict, I don't think he can take any more leave. Well, I better go.

Boy, there's a load! Hope you can rally some additional "troops" to help with your own campaign, Joy. I've been blessed with an extended family hereabouts, not to speak of some legions of friends, ready to do tasks, so I (or my spouse) can just play field commander.

We're cheering for you!

Peter

Joy
Well bless your little pea picking heart, you really have a platter full. I dont know how you do it. Enlist everyone you know, if they wont enlist, DRAFT them. Its time to call in every favor you have ever done. Dont over do it. Take care of yourself, so that later you can take care of everyone else.

Latest posts

Back