High INR and headache

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI Luana...still running from between normal to 100.7.........and thats on Lortabs every 4 hours ..which i was taking before the whole heart incident started......hoping each day I wake up that the fever and headaches subside..............Lots of Heartfelt love......Michael

Mike,

Just a quick note to wish you well with getting the fever down and do away with headaches.

Looks like may good suggestions from members and meeting with Surgeon in a few days, so hope all gets resolved.

Mike, if not mistaken you posted a photo, where you had quite a bit of bruising at bottom of torso and no drain holes, at least none in photo?

Has brusing been explained to you?

Wish I could help

Wish I could help

I'm not much help. I had headaches before I went on Coumadin. My husband also takes Coumadin (Mitral valve replacement October 1990). He has had little concerns with headaches since his valvereplacement...

Hope your concerns are solved quickly.

Blanche

HI Luana...still running from between normal to 100.7.........and thats on Lortabs every 4 hours ..which i was taking before the whole heart incident started......hoping each day I wake up that the fever and headaches subside..............Lots of Heartfelt love......Michael

That's a little high. I remember my instructions after going to the ER were to call the doc if I was 100.5 or higher. Did you get similar instructions? I would call you doc first thing Monday morning, just to be on the safe side.
Take care!

That's a little high. I remember my instructions after going to the ER were to call the doc if I was 100.5 or higher. Did you get similar instructions? I would call you doc first thing Monday morning, just to be on the safe side.
Take care!

I was thinking the same thing

heartman:

I had fluctuating temps and bad headaches + achiness about 4 weeks post-op, lasted about 4-5 days, then suddenly stopped. My cardio & surgeon had referred me to my family doctor, who did blood cultures. No endocarditis found in cultures. However, the day I went in for the cultures, the headaches, fever, aches had suddenly stopped. My PCP said it was most likely a viral infection brought on by low resistance due to all I had gone through or perhaps even picked up in the hospital and just lay waiting to pop up.
The high INR is not uncommon after being released from the hospital and trying to return to normal life. I had one high INR like that within a few weeks of going home and had to go off warfarin for a day or so. Don't remember the numbers; I was still in a fog.
Today, I am well versed enough to halve my dosage rather than dropping a dose entirely. However, I would never suggest doing so to anyone new to warfarin, as you are. Follow your doctor's instructions. In time, you'll develop knowledge about warfarin, how it works on you and you'll have a history of experience.

Back