hey aimee, how's kevin doing?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
hi aimee and kevin!
just wanted to know how kevin was doing. i know he just had his surgery about 5 days ago and was just checking up on you.
please let us know how it's going, ok?
God bless, be well and we're all thinking of you.
-sylvia

Yikes!

Yikes!

Hi! I'm so sorry I have not replied to this post. I have not even thought to come to the "post surgery" board! Can you say DUH!? Ha ha!

Kevin is doing GREAT! It's been 9 days since surgery. He was released from the hospital on Oct. 17th (noonish). He's been walking and doing his breathing excercises. He's really wiped of any energy though. How long does that take to come back? But, otherwise he is my HERO! His recovery gets better each day. I am just so Glad to have this behind us. I pray that we will never have to do this again. If we do, I'm sure it will be fine, though! :)

I wish I could include pictures of him... I have taken quite a few with our digital camera. He looks Good! I took pictures of him with all his flowers and plants that he received in the hospital. Also, I took a picture of the infamous incision. Eeeek!

Okay, I've rambled on. How is everyone else?

Love to you all!

hi aimee!
i am thrilled that kevin is doing so well. it takes awhile to get that energy back, from what i've read here. joey is now almost 5 weeks post-op and still poops out (he walks and goes to work each day for a few hours.....must be that guilt!!) at somepoint during the day. some days are better than others. just be patient and it will all fall into place_that's what i found. please tell kevin not to overdo though, because as anyone here will tell you, it may set him back.
joey clearly gets more achy and tired when he does too much and has to cut back for a day or so.

about the photos.... joey wanted to see himself at every stage of the surgery (after), so i used his digital camera and took pic's of him while he was still intubated and out cold, then when the tubes came out and then daily pic's thereafter.
i can see why he would want to have those pic's. i thought it was funny and it's nice to see there are others out there with the same quirky ideas!

glad kevin's well; how are you holding up? getting any sleep? it gets easier every day.
bless you both,
sylvia

Happy to know...

Happy to know...

That we were not the ONLY ones that took pictures through the process. I started emailing out pictures of his incision/scar to all my relatives, friends, co-workers, etc. and then it dawned on me, Maybe everyone DOES NOT want to see this gory picture. LOL! DUH!!!!

It was quite humorous! We got a kick out of it! But, I am glad to note that we are not the only ones taking pictures.

Love always,
Aimee

Latest posts

Back