Here....Yet again....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah_Louise

Hi everyone,
Hope your all well,
I ended up in hospital 2 week ago because of my low heart rate and other symptoms, i spent 3 days in my local hospital and they scared my silly, (won't bore you with the details) but end up my cardiologist from my ACHD team wanted to see me in clinic,
I went to clinic yesterday, had a repeat ECG, echo etc,
My sats where 97, heart was 118, and bp was 111/156
Seen my cardiologist and i'm gutted, my pulmonary valve is still too narrow, so i'm looking at a possible re operation of the one i had last September (PPVI) or stents/ballooning of my pulmonary valve and conduit pipe, not the news i wanted nor expected,
We discussed OHS but i'm too high risk as it will be my 5th OHS, and then i'd need another in a few year for my AV, and the more you have, the more scar tissue the higher the risk etc,
In an ideal world, he'd have me in, give me OHS with a new pulmonary valve, aortic valve, and pulmonary artery, but realistically it wouldn't end well, or it would end up average with not much improvement in my symptoms or state of my heart,
So now, i'm getting discussed in the surgical meeting to see where we go now, a re op or watch closely and wait, and a discussion with the electro-physiologist to see about my rhythm, gathering the ECG’s from the other week when I was bradycardic and compare them from when I’m tachycardic, back in 6 months, but any problems they'll see me sooner,
So just thought i'd let you no i'm playing the waiting game….again
Sarah xxxx

Hi

Since they say misery loves company I can share I am also here again. I'm just awaiting a debridemnt again. The first one didn't get all the infection.

Best of luck with your procedure too

:)

Sorry to hear about your continuing problems. You have always been so supportive to everyone here, while battling so many of your own issues. I know everyone here is praying for you as you have been through so much for someone your age. All our Love and Prayers for you, Sarah Louise

Hi Sarah, you will continue to be in my prayers while this all gets sorted out. Quite the trooper you are. It saddens me to read all of the stuff that you constantly have to face. Makes my personal grievances seem so insignificant. I truly hope that your situation gets resolved with the optimal results. Hang in there.

Tom

Sarah, I'm so very sorry to hear this for you! You are so very supportive of everyone here and I just hope you feel the love and care of all of us towards you as you go through this yet again.

Many thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Rachel

Thanks everyone, means a lot :)
Sarah xxxx
I am just reading this post Sarah and I am so sorry to hear this news! It is completely understandable that you were 'gutted'. That is certainly not the news you wanted to hear.
Sending you a virtual 'hug' and keeping you in my prayers.
We are here for you...

Hi Sarah

Had my operation 10 months ago you are/were an inspiration to me!

You are in my prayers! Be strong and you will come through this setback

Mike x

Sarah, like others said we have all appreciated all your support throughout the years, and we will be hear for you as well.

Sorry to hear about this Sarah, I'm sure it's not easy. Best wishes to you and hopefully things work out for the best!

Latest posts

Back