Here I go...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carla, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your baby. On Oct. 13th I had my valve replace with a pig. My surgeon told me that I might get 20 years and that it is a fourth generation tissue valve. I am 54 years old. He also told me that hopefully down the road that my next valve might be replace by a heart cat.(?) On the 23rd I walked one half mile. Today I also did a long walk at a park. I cannot ride my bike for about three months. The day after surgery they will have you sitting up and in no time they have you up and walking. They give you good pain medicines’ to take at home. I awoke with the tube in the mouth and it was not that bad. When they removed the wires and drain tubes it did not hurt. I did have one early morning that they could not get a blood draw and I told the nurse to leave me alone and that she couldn’t have any more of my blood. She came back a few hours later. You will be fine. May you be blessed with a beautiful child in the future? I will keep you in my prayers.

Oh my gosh I am so sad to read this :(

I was 25 and diagnosed with a BAV and told like you, it would probably never affect me. So I had two babies, and 5 days after the second baby was born they told me I needed to have open heart surgery within the next year! I waited until my baby was 5 months old and had a replacement with a tissue valve. I wanted to have more children, I didnt want to be on the anti coagulants, and I was told like you by the time that I need a replacement it will be through an artery and not open heart surgery.

I will probably be trying to have another baby in the next few months!

good luck to you, I am not too far away, near gurnee illinois (gurnee mills, six flags)

ill be thinking of you!

Jackie

I'm here! All went well and I have been doing really well. No appetite, and really weak and tired , all the normals from what it wounds like? I've been having some trouble keeping my oxygen levels up so if I can keep them stable I may even get to go home today!

Oh so happy to hear you are on your way to recovery. Make use of your spirometer, it really does help and I hope your oxygen levels can stay up and you can go home to be near your family. Home is so much better than the hospital. God Bless You.

Back