Hello Everyone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcannon

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

My name is Peggy and I had my mitral valve replaced with a mechanical one 18 March 2020. 2 days before my 56 birthday and 3 days after my state locked down due to covid. Everything went well for me except being sick the first 24 hours after surgery. I also had a hospital stay in July due to low red blood cells my hemoglobin was 5.2 which I was told is not good. They never found out what caused it to go so low. I also have difficulty keeping my inr between 2.5 and 3.5 it's either way too low or too high. I do self test at home once a week through Acelis Connected Health Services (Alere). Anyway, I've read some of your messages and I thought I should say hello.

Thanks,
Peggy

Hello Peggy ,we were all in the same boat, great forum and a lot of information the community helped me a lot.

Hi Peggy! My INR was very difficult for the first 3-6 months after surgery, but since that time has leveled out pretty well! What a time to be having surgery; glad to hear that for the most part your experience has been good.

Hi Peggy,

I hope you are doing well. Do you feel better now than before surgery? I will be getting a new mitral valve in two weeks. Stay safe.

Mickey

Hi Peggy,

I hope you are doing well. Do you feel better now than before surgery? I will be getting a new mitral valve in two weeks. Stay safe.

Mickey
Hello Mickey,

Actually I do feel a lot better since the surgery in March. I can do things now that a year ago I wouldn't even have tried. I walk 5 miles slowly, my right leg cramps because of a blockage in my common iliac artery I think it's called. I'm having that taken care of next week. My right leg still has that tingling numb feeling since the surgery also. I was told it's a nerve and hopefully should heal, but if not it's something I can live with.

Hello Mickey,

Actually I do feel a lot better since the surgery in March. I can do things now that a year ago I wouldn't even have tried. I walk 5 miles slowly, my right leg cramps because of a blockage in my common iliac artery I think it's called. I'm having that taken care of next week. My right leg still has that tingling numb feeling since the surgery also. I was told it's a nerve and hopefully should heal, but if not it's something I can live with.

Peggy,

I am excited to hear you can walk 5 miles! It sounds like you are making progress. This type of news is uplifting for someone facing surgery. Stay safe.

Mickey

Latest posts

Back