Quantcast

Hello Everyone

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

pcannon

Hello Everyone,

My name is Peggy and I had my mitral valve replaced with a mechanical one 18 March 2020. 2 days before my 56 birthday and 3 days after my state locked down due to covid. Everything went well for me except being sick the first 24 hours after surgery. I also had a hospital stay in July due to low red blood cells my hemoglobin was 5.2 which I was told is not good. They never found out what caused it to go so low. I also have difficulty keeping my inr between 2.5 and 3.5 it's either way too low or too high. I do self test at home once a week through Acelis Connected Health Services (Alere). Anyway, I've read some of your messages and I thought I should say hello.

Thanks,
Peggy

ATHENS1964

Hello Peggy ,we were all in the same boat, great forum and a lot of information the community helped me a lot.

Jason

Always Assume Positive Intent
Hi Peggy! My INR was very difficult for the first 3-6 months after surgery, but since that time has leveled out pretty well! What a time to be having surgery; glad to hear that for the most part your experience has been good.

Seaton

Greetings Peggy and welcome to the forum. Thank you for the introduction.
Hope things settled and going well for you now.
Good health and best.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Hi Peggy,
Welcome! Hope you are feeling better after that frightening start.
Hope you keep coming back.
Stay well!

cp172

Hi Peggy,

I hope you are doing well. Do you feel better now than before surgery? I will be getting a new mitral valve in two weeks. Stay safe.

Mickey

pcannon

Hi Peggy,

I hope you are doing well. Do you feel better now than before surgery? I will be getting a new mitral valve in two weeks. Stay safe.

Mickey
Hello Mickey,

Actually I do feel a lot better since the surgery in March. I can do things now that a year ago I wouldn't even have tried. I walk 5 miles slowly, my right leg cramps because of a blockage in my common iliac artery I think it's called. I'm having that taken care of next week. My right leg still has that tingling numb feeling since the surgery also. I was told it's a nerve and hopefully should heal, but if not it's something I can live with.

cp172

Hello Mickey,

Actually I do feel a lot better since the surgery in March. I can do things now that a year ago I wouldn't even have tried. I walk 5 miles slowly, my right leg cramps because of a blockage in my common iliac artery I think it's called. I'm having that taken care of next week. My right leg still has that tingling numb feeling since the surgery also. I was told it's a nerve and hopefully should heal, but if not it's something I can live with.
Peggy,

I am excited to hear you can walk 5 miles! It sounds like you are making progress. This type of news is uplifting for someone facing surgery. Stay safe.

Mickey

Latest posts