Hello and DUH

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary Ann

I have not posted in a long, long time, mostly due to the fact that my job has had me running. Summer is very busy, since I have been teaching during two very concentrated summer school terms. Also, one of my classes both terms involved travel. During the past four weeks, I have been out of town 14 days. Anyway, I am now planning another trip, not work related. My daughter is moving to Portland, OR. She and a friend are driving, taking a U-Haul and her car, and I am going along. It will be a long drive from the Houston, TX area but we are going to be sensible about taking our time and have no special deadline. My question is...will the increased elevation bother me more than it would otherwise? I seem to remember seeing this discussed previously, but did not come up with anything by doing a search. I feel a bit presumptious asking a question after being silent for so long, but would appreciate any advice. I really, really want to go and think it would be more dangerous to my health to stay home and worry about her! Thanks in advance... Mary Ann:confused:

Hi Mary Ann...

I went to Oregon this past March for 10 days and flew into Portland, but had to drive about two hours to Astoria in the upper North/West corner. I became ill just a few days later with Bronchitus. I blamed it on climate as Arizona is so much warmer than Oregon. It rained every day I was there.
The elevation did not bother me.
When I came home I went to urgent Care, and had strep throat. Took me quite a while to get over.

Christina (mechanical St.Jude's):eek:

Back