Heart Talk (still in the waiting room)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie-62

In July of 2016, found out I had aortic stenosis. Did a lot of research, got unto this wonderful website for the heart valves. I might not say nothing, but I read a lot of what you all went through. It encourages me for when it will be my time.
I am in the waiting room, nothing has change with the stenosis. I have a wonderful heart doctor that is watching me. I see her again in 6 months, push the echogram to one year unless changes come.
Here is my Echogram report:
Calcified bicuspid aortic valve with moderate to severe aortic stenosis. Normal-sized thoracic aorta. Normal right heart pressures suggested. No significant change compared to the echo report of July 24, 2017.
So, I will live my life and be ready when the time comes. Keep researching, you never know when something new will appears in the medical field.

Good to hear from you Marie. You sound very much at peace with being in the waiting room. My cardio to,d me I could wait a year in 2015 with moderate to severe stenosis but I wanted the surgery done and over with ASAP. Had I waited I might still be there as you are. Be well!

Hi, Marie. It does sound like you have the right attitude. That will make your journey much more calm and safe for you.

My own journey started similarly -- I was initially diagnosed with moderate-to-severe aortic stenosis. We monitored mine, and I did not need surgery until almost 11 years later. No guarantees for others to hold out that long, but I just wanted to mention that sometimes it can be that long. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing.

If you can handle to unknown for that long, it is a very good thing, as there can be many developments in valve technology and techniques over the years. If you cannot handle that big unknown. . . it will be difficult. I learned many coping mechanisms, and I think I did fine. Either way, you will, too.

Thanks for the respond. I will keep you posted. I am being watch from my doctors. My Cardiology, and primary doctor. I have s surgeon in mind, Dr. Grosner at Gates Vascular in Buffalo. I heard from many who had him for a surgeon. I am sure there are many in this waiting room. I something wonder is it good to know or not to know about your heart valve. But, it is people like you that makes it easier for us to carry on. I thank you all

Back