Heart Rate Variability

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick2018

I had my mitral valve replaced with bovine valve in November 2018. I have had a variable heart rate ever since. My cardiologist has me on blood thinner and says my HRV is ok as long as I don't get any bad symptoms like shortness of breath, pain etc.. The condition at times is like border line Afib. I have seen a 2nd cardiologist and he agrees with the previous. Being more active seems to help but I am aware of the variation in beat especially at bed time. When I take my EKG with Kardia mobile, it always indicates possible Afib.

Hmm
Have you tried taking chelated magnesium?

Some people here say it makes a difference. I've started taking it a free months back, hard to be sure but it seems to be. It's inexpensive.

I will definitely try Magnesium and b12. This is very interesting and I wonder if any others have had success with taking these or any other supplements. The quantity indicated on multi vitamins is too small so I guess the the best way is to purchase separately to get a higher quantity of the supplements. It might be beneficial to take a small regiment of supplements as opposed to looking for a multi vitamin.

not all magnesium are equal, bioavailability is key,

consider a decent daily dose of chelated glycinate , if its going to help ( it helped me )
then you will know within a few weeks.

Some folks can suffer digestive issues with Mag , start low and build up

good luck

You're in the right place at least.

hopefully they find the root cause, they have plenty of options moving forward
so they will sort it by drugs if necessary or other options.

best wishes , its never nice when it gets stuck high

it's still early days in the big picture

keep us posted 👍

i had my 2nd covid jab the morning all this happened
have a gut feeling this may have contributed
maybe i did overdo it a little though? was trying to walk 5 mins further everyday..
maybe should have waited a couple more weeks before doing that

am actually showing covid symptoms now due to the vaccine (cough, feverish)

heart rate is now back down to 80ish thank god (they used Bisoprolol)

i had my 2nd covid jab the morning all this happened
have a gut feeling this may have contributed
maybe i did overdo it a little though? was trying to walk 5 mins further everyday..
maybe should have waited a couple more weeks before doing that

am actually showing covid symptoms now due to the vaccine (cough, feverish)

heart rate is now back down to 80ish thank god (they used Bisoprolol)

Interesting, am assuming Astra Zeneca for u in UK?
Hummmm for a reaction.

Am scheduled for 2nd Covid here this coming Friday, Pfizer.
Most i have talked to have had a reaction to the 2nd vaccine shot, i had none to the 1st.

btw, my new heart rate at rest is also about 80. It was formally 72. It is as if the Metoprolol is maintaining low heart rate here, have not had a reading above 100 yet, but also am not speedy in movement yet.

hoping for you that was a last bump.

Interesting, am assuming Astra Zeneca for u in UK?
Hummmm for a reaction.

Am scheduled for 2nd Covid here this coming Friday, Pfizer.
Most i have talked to have had a reaction to the 2nd vaccine shot, i had none to the 1st.

btw, my new heart rate at rest is also about 80. It was formally 72. It is as if the Metoprolol is maintaining low heart rate here, have not had a reading above 100 yet, but also am not speedy in movement yet.

hoping for you that was a last bump.

yes it was the AZ jab (got a dry covid cough now too !)

my heart rate has settled down at ~80bpm (although it's a little erratic still)
should be leaving the hospital today 👍

Reactions: Eva
I am 7 weeks post surgery and had variable heart rate for the first 5 to 6 weeks, with a resting HR of 90 to 100. My cardiologist said that he wasn't too concerned, that it would settle around 6 weeks mark, and that it was because the heart doesnt like to be touched. Sure enough, by the end of the 6 week mark, all the variable beats stopped, and resting HR dropped to 75 consistently. However, I find it rises quickly on exertion so still some way to go before back to pre condition.

I am 7 weeks post surgery and had variable heart rate for the first 5 to 6 weeks, with a resting HR of 90 to 100. My cardiologist said that he wasn't too concerned, that it would settle around 6 weeks mark, and that it was because the heart doesnt like to be touched. Sure enough, by the end of the 6 week mark, all the variable beats stopped, and resting HR dropped to 75 consistently. However, I find it rises quickly on exertion so still some way to go before back to pre condition.

My surgeon told me kind of the same thing. He said my heart was irritable. My resting rate was around 90 after surgery. Several weeks later it settled down. I still felt it was high though. Worked on exercising to get it down. My current resting hear rate is around 60, sometimes lower.

Got an appointment for cardioversion, due to my AF following the high pulse rate incident 😂
also got fluid build up around the heart, that may need treating with diuretics or draining depending on how it develops 😂
And there was me thinking I'd got away with no complications 😏

Still in hospital btw
Doc telling me it'll be tomorrow before they release me now

Latest posts

Back