Heart Hospital in Los Angeles

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobThatsMe

Hi Gang,

Looks like I am going to end up working in Los Angeles a lot longer than I originally planned. Most likely it will be the whole month of August. I like to get some ideas of which hospitals in the areas that I work are the best for heart conditions, just in case I ever have an emergency. So, my question is, Does anyone have any info on hospitals in the Los Angeles area. I am working on the south side.

Thanks,

Rob

You bet ya. Check out Cedars Sinai. We kicked around the idea of moving to LA. Still would like to. Anyway, you will be in good hands if need be. They take care of the best! Maybe you will meet a movie star or two :).

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
8700 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-855-5000

http://www.csmc.edu/cvs/md/valve/default.htm

Thanks Gina,

I also found that the UCLA Medical Center is rated number 29th in the nation for Heart.

They rated the one you mentioned 40th. So, seems between the 2 I should be OK. I put both names beside my emergency medical card.

Hope you are doing well,

Rob

Just curious

Just curious

Who rates these hospitals and where can we see these ratings? I don't live in the U.S., but I find it interesting because I think this is one of those things that would be pretty difficult to rate.
Kev

Great Rob

Is there a link you can post with the ratings of the hospitals for heart?

Doing great myself, thanks! Just hoping my INR is under control. Have been on quite a ride since the beta blocker adjustment. Testing tomorrow.

Happy travels, and enjoy LA.

On your off time make sure you visit the Crab Cooker in Newport. Also the Santa Monica Promenade is not to be missed! Take a drive over to Santa Barbara and kick back on the beach in Malibu. I could go on and on:D.

Take good care!

Gina,

U.S. News & World Report just came out with rankings for the best hospitals in the U.S. They are also ranked in various categories (e.g., cardiac, oncology, etc.). I believe it is in this week's issue and if you go to the magazine's website you can find it there. (For some reason, AOL isn't letting me transfer the link here.) FYI, The Cleveland Clinic is rated #1 for cardiac care.

Shari

Thanks for the info, Rob

Thanks for the info, Rob

The criteria they used was interesting. Makes sense, in my opinion.
Kev

Latest posts

Back