Heart drugs + supplements =risky

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. I also have found that some supplements can have the side-effect of raising blood sugar. I shun the supplements, and just try to get the nutrients I need through diet.

I read it. It continues to perpetuate myths about warfarin. We know drugs and supplements, and foods, interact. With a lot of drugs, not just warfarin, but that's all this article talked about.
The comments to the article are so dumb. Let's all drop our warfarin and take fish oil instead. The big pharmaceuticals are out to get us.
No, I don't think so.

I took Coumadin for a year after my MV repair (long story). I took all the supplements mentioned in that article, but took them regularly. The doctor at the Heart Institute who checked my INR when I came in said that as long as I took these things consistently, it was O.K. It was O.K., because as soon as the Amiodarone was out of my system (which I took for a few months), my INR was super steady.

Back