Head Injury...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeelover

Has anyone had a concussion after hitting head while on warfarin? Did you have Any symptoms 2 weeks after injury?

I haven't had a concussion. I did trip going up my stoop and fell forward onto the stone landing right on my forehead. There was swelling and some blood, not to mention a fair amount of humiliation!

I called my family doctor who had me get a CT scan right away to be sure there was no bleeding. I think it makes sense if you take a hard blow to the head to then get a CT Scan, better safe than sorry.

I took a fall from a ladder yesterday from about 5 feet up. Bumped my head and wife threw a fit that being on Coumadin I needed to be seen. Wasn’t a bad fall and I wasn’t too worried, but thought I’d do what the wife said....this time. Went to urgent care this morning and they sent me to Ear. Had a blood test and INR was 2.8, CT scan was clear but they saw a little blood behind my right ear drum. Fall was on the left side so I was questioning if this was related and they thought so. Doctor said could be a basilar skull fracture and needed to be monitored. I have no other symptoms besides a slight headache that comes and goes. FYI get checked out. I go back tommorow for a follow up. Thanks!

Hi
Kyyoungfarmer35;n882135 said:
... but they saw a little blood behind my right ear drum. Fall was on the left side so I was questioning if this was related and they thought so. Doctor said could be a basilar skull fracture and needed to be monitored. I have no other symptoms besides a slight headache that comes and goes. FYI get checked out. I go back tommorow for a follow up. Thanks!

I hope you're ok ... keep well and remember (ladder safety)

:)

PS: even if you aren't on warfarin, you should treat falls and head injuries with care.

Last edited:
I also had a CAT scan after a hard blow to the head. CAT scan ok. Still have a goose egg on my head. Initially the bump was about 2 inches long. Now 3 and a half weeks later the bump is still there but has shrunk to about half an inch. Does anyone know how long it takes for head bump to completely go away while on warfarin?

Glad to hear you are all doing fine. Head injuries are why I believe your INR should be in-range, and not over range.

Latest posts

Back