Head and Shoulder Pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Hi,

I will try and keep this as short as possible. About two month or so ago I started having pain in my right shoulder (muscle not joint). Well then the left one started to hurt. Now I am having headaches, bad headaches that wake me early morning. After being up for about twenty minutes it all stops:confused:

I have been to my PCP, had a CAT scan and MRI nothing much except some small bone spurs between the 5th and 6th and 6th and 7th vertebra two blood test show nothing abnormal in the muscle enzymes. Muscle relaxers helped a great deal but are not the answer in the long run. My PCP is stumped and thinks the next step is to see a neurologist. I am so freaking tired of this and going back and forth to doctors and hospitals that I balked at this suggestion.

Now the question. What do you think about me trying a chiropractor? My wife goes and thinks highly of hers. I have never been to one and am sceptical to say the least. But sinse muscle relaxers work it stands to reason that some stretching and realigning might be the ticket. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tom

I would certainly try the chiropracter. It can't hurt to give it a chance. I am very skeptical as well, but so many people swear by them, and since they've ruled out the scary stuff, I think a little "manipulation" but be worth a try. A neurologist will probably order an EMG to see if there's any nerve entrapment,(although the MRI should have spotted it) and if there is, then they usually send you off to physical therapy. It sounds like it is pressure related since it stops when you get up.

(Totally off the subject, but we were just in Columbia over the weekend. We're building a house in Aiken, which we now found out won't be able to start until March (the South does move slowly!). Do you have a cardio. in Columbia that you like? I don't know whether to go west into Atlanta, or east into Columbia (much closer). I hope to only need 6 mo echoes since my repair, but would like to have someone competent just in case.)

As soon as I started reading your post, my first thought was 'He needs to see a Chiropractor'. I have gone regularly for at least the last 10 years, usually one time a month for any alignment adjustments. When you get old like me, you need those things more often :D . I think if you find the right one, you will not have any skepticism. They all do things a little differently, depending on where they went to school, but they are all effective.

Yes, it is BackDoc. I worry about Chiropractors being too rough, but his suggestions handled that objection just fine for me. Good luck.

PT might work too

PT might work too

My neighbor is a very good physical therapist and has helped my family more than our local chiropractor. He specializes in a type of therapy that focuses on the patient doing excercises to help him/ herself. He has been helping me with my back, neck and shoulder pain. So if there is a good PT near you, you might want to consider going that option.

I'm told that in NYS and about half the other states, you need a doctor's referral before you can go.

Could it be that your shoulder pain is related to the long period of time you were flat on your back during surgery and nerves now firing?

Latest posts

Back