Having surgery in about 1 week.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for all the well wishes. This site is amazing. All the support is appreciated. We will know more tomorrow.

WELCOME TO THE SITE we are all brothers and sisters of OHS here and lots of good advice crosses your screen
AND NOW WE HAVE YOU
devil.gif
WE"LL NEVER LET YOU GO

10_1_112.gif

your input may just be what we need to remind members the good of structured rehab​

You are right rehab is very important. It's a rewarding job to help people out when they truly need it. We get very attached to our patients and vice versa.

Welcome catfan! I got out of the hospital on day 5, although could have gotten released on day 4 if I'd had a ride lined up. Stayed an extra day to enjoy that fabulous hospital food ;) Best wishes for hubby! The positive attitude is a HUGE benefit - keep it up!

Catfan, good for you for finding the forum and a big Welcome to the community.

A 5 day hospital stay for me as well and like your husband I did not really have symptoms pre-surgery
This year's March echo, prompted cardilogist to recommend an angiogram, which confirmed that it was time for me and I was fast tracked to surgery from then on.

Good luck with the process

Gil

Welcome to the site! There is a great "sticky" in the post op forum with ideas on what to do for your home. It's nice to hear from people who have actually gone through the procedure as to what they wanted/needed and appreciated. I know people keep talking about a wedge-- I found a mattress genie that is a wedge that goes under the mattress... not sure how well it works but we'll probably be giving it a shot... and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Hope your hubby's surgery goes smoothly-- I understand what you mean about all medical knowledge going on vacation when it's your loved one having the procedure.

Back