Having kids/Mechanical Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Make, 31 here with mod regurgitation. Is it true you can’t have kids if you get a mechanical valve?? What other limitations or negatives come with mechanical/blood thinners?

Guest;n884647 said:
Make, 31 here with mod regurgitation. Is it true you can’t have kids if you get a mechanical valve?? What other limitations or negatives come with mechanical/blood thinners?

no it is not true.

However there are issues which need to be dealt with, there are parts of the trimester which you must go off warfarin and use another antcoagulant (or as you call them blood thinners ... which by the way a not thinners)

Some readings I found with google here on our site:
http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...en-please-read

http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...chanical-valve

http://www.valvereplacement.org/for...o-and-i-would-like-to-hear-your-opinion/page2

these are useful posts by past members of their experiences

Jmprosser.lab;n884650 said:
Does being on blood thinners or having a mech valve affect the males ability to have kids? Saw old posts on this site from 2015 suggesting such.

I know it’s only anecdotal evidence, but I’ve been on Warfarin since I was 17 when I received my mechanical valve. I have since fathered five wonderful children (to the best of my knowledge).

Jmprosser.lab;n884650 said:
Does being on blood thinners or having a mech valve affect the males ability to have kids? Saw old posts on this site from 2015 suggesting such.

wow ... new to me, warfarin causes sterility. Can you link that in on another thread (so we don't hijack this one?) because seriously I'm considering a "list of fear" which includes baldness, erectile dysfunction, being cold and a whole bunch I can't think of now .. as I've said before, with over 60 years of prescription and dilligent research by companies to knock a low price effective drug off the podium to replace it with their 10 times the price (lets bury the evidence of deaths) "wonder drug" we have no evidence which is above "background noise" on anything except the mismanagment of your administration and failure to monitor INR increases your risk of clot or bleed (depending) and living longer than if you weren't on warfarin.

Superman;n884654 said:
I know it’s only anecdotal evidence, but I’ve been on Warfarin since I was 17 when I received my mechanical valve. I have since fathered five wonderful children (to the best of my knowledge).

err ... "to the best of my knowledge" being the number or their "wonderfulness" ;-)

Warrick;n884658 said:
Don’t forget its rat poison....

best laugh I've had this morning ... indeed ... save money and buy RatSack

thumbnail_Ratsak-Wax-Blocks-2kg.jpg

buy in bulk and save even more

LOL

Superman;n884659 said:
You skipped the other low hanging fruit. They’re all mine. :Scared:

I was being nice and assuming you've perhaps sired many outside of your wedlock ;-)

Warrick when I got out of hospital and my wife was talking to her friends back home she was having a laugh about discovering I'm on a well known rat poision ... so her freind (in Finland as she was Finnish) sent me this postcard:

30085223918_d35f1a51fe_b.jpg

(I'll leave it as an exersize for the reader to translate the Finnish ;-)

I love Finnish sense of humor ... I feel right at home there

pellicle;n884678 said:
Who's your daddy baby

Baby daddy is a noun. It’s an Americanism. Typically reserved for paternity outside of marriage. It’s not a noun describing the relationship with the child, but rather the relationship with the mother. Typically if they are not in a relationship.

Superman;n884685 said:
Baby daddy is a noun. It’s an Americanism.

understood ... but "who's your daddy" is a phrase, an American phrase well known though out the world ... perhaps not in your area

but-first-whos-your-daddy-net-23236949.png

google it ;-)

pellicle;n884687 said:
understood ... but "who's your daddy" is a phrase, an American phrase well known though out the world ... perhaps not in your area

google it ;-)

I know that one too, but it doesn’t have anything to do with questionable paternity.

Superman;n884690 said:
I know that one too, but it doesn’t have anything to do with questionable paternity.

its not like the subject ever goes off topic here ;-)

I suggested googling it because I can't post many of the images which broke me up laughing here .. for risk of getting some offended...

:)

Latest posts

Back