Having a paravalvular leak repair tomorrow at UAB.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to ask is it being done via catheter?

Because if (and I expect it) is then you'll just wake up and they'll ask you to keep pressure on the entry site (often with a firm rubber ball) and they'll let you know how it worked. Takes time to be sure

Here's wishing you a good result and an uneventful recovery

They went in through a catheter. Feel pretty tired and sore at the Cath spot. I have noticed that my resting heart rate went from 60 to 80. I wonder if this is something that will go back down? They also confirmed t=it worked with a echo the next morning said everything looks good. It also feels like my heart beats a little different now. Post op appointment next Monday. They also found 2 leaks instead of one and fixed them both.

I have noticed that my resting heart rate went from 60 to 80. I wonder if this is something that will go back down?
I've heard my surgeons say "the heart does not know how to deal with being touched" (and you've just had something shoved inside it, which would in other situations mean your imminent death)

1660941616400.png

the body is still in a kind of "fright"

Give it time ... reflect on how you recall things from your OHS and expect that in a "mini-me" way it will follow that pattern.

Best wishes and lets hope they've plugged the leak :)

Latest posts

Back