Have on-X valve, going in for lung operation and surgeon says no need to bridge

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I don't think we'll ever not have to take anticoagulants. The outcome of the ON-X clinical trials in the US will determine if we ON-X valvers can maintain a lower INR (under 2) without risk of clots/stroke. This is what I am waiting/hoping for.

You know, right after surgery (and before afib) my surgeon set an INR target for me of 1.5-2 (with a daily 325mg aspirin) because I had an ON-X valve.
I was thrilled . . until I tried to manage this. I now have an INR target of 2-3 and it is sooooo much easier to maintain. I don't know that I would ever even try again to maintain that tight and low of an INR window, even if I had the option.

Plumber1- Good luck--wishing you the best outcome possible. You are obviously a survivor!

Last edited:
I am underway on the 18th -- this friday! Expect to arrive to Hospital at 5:15 AM and in dream land by 7:00. Surgery will take anywhere from 2 to 5 hours pending discovery process. Hope to be back home for Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I will send post a progress report as the Hospital has wi-fi.

Much appreciated.
Plumber/Mark, wishing you all be best for your surgery this Friday. :)

Your in my thoughts mark. I hope this surgery goes much easier on you than last and that you get very good results. Please keep us updated..You know we worry :)

Latest posts

Back