Has anyone taken Hyoscyamine?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almost_hectic

I recently had a very small prescription for hyoscyamine (just a few days). I actually requested it for severe stomach discomfort because years ago a doctor had given it to me and it worked wonders for my over active nervous stomach that would just churn in knots and prevent me from eating for feeling nauseous. The drug itself is called an anti-spasmodic and it calms the nerves and muscles in the gut. It works great! Some more recent reading said that its sometimes used to control certain heart conditions. Not until I had read that did I take notice that my pulse was nice and calm and steady. Which its usually a bit faster for me. It really was a nice feeling. Just curious if anyone on here has ever taken hyoscyamine and what if any experience they had?

Last edited:
Medicine that’s been around for a long time (40 years). Unfortunately, the price seems to still be astronomical in the states. Slows peristaltic activity down but doesn’t give you an ileus. It’s useful for use in kids who have functional abdominal pain disorders in children with no alarm features.

Medicine that’s been around for a long time (40 years). Unfortunately, the price seems to still be astronomical in the states. Slows peristaltic activity down but doesn’t give you an ileus. It’s useful for use in kids who have functional abdominal pain disorders in children with no alarm features.
It does work amazingly well, I will say that. Wish they had written my prescription for more, just to have them in the event I need them. They wrote me a prescription for 6 pills.

Latest posts

Back