Has anyone had problems with QRS?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mecretired

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am 15 wks post op and doing and feeling great. I have finishined 19 cardiac rehab sessions. On Monday after my 18th session, my rehab lady (title?) said that I was having extended periods of QRS--spikes on my EKG--(something to do with the heart's electrical current). She had noticed a small amount of this previously when I was on the elliptical but then it stopped when I went on to other equipment. However, on Monday it continued thru my workout. She said she would fax copies of the EKG to my cardiologist. Today at my 19th session I asked if she had heard anything back from my cardiologist--and she had not. I decided to skip the elliptical today and just do 30min of treadmill and 12 minutes of windjammer and then weights. I didn't have any of the QRS. I'm not sure if this is something I should worry about. Possibly I was doing too much too soon--I was up to 12min on the elliptical? Has anyone else experienced this?:confused:

You might wish to call your cardio's office. I wouldn't wait for the 'rehab lady' to follow up. I'd want to speak with my cardio. Good luck. Hope it is all within 'safe zone'.

I just answered your post in the other thread. This is smart to start a new one as more people may read it.

I will quote my reply:

I tried to look u QRS as it aroused my curiousity and I found from what I read that this could be due to "propafenone" toxicity!! "Propafenone toxicity can cause significant QRS widening and markedly abnormal ventricular activation pattern"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17725763

Are you takig any medications for arrythmia? here is the link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001020

I am baffled like you. I am sure someone knows more about it and will chime in later.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Back