Has anyone e-filed before?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've e-filed for the last 10 years or so. I always received my confirmation email. The refund definitely comes quicker if you have it directly deposited, which I always did once it became available. I've never had a worry about security, and so far I've been lucky. Unfortunately, I don't have to worry about that this year as I owe $2500! I'm still e-filing, but won't mail the check until the last day!

I've been e-filing for years, as soon as Turbo Tax became available. It's a lot easier and alas, we owed this year too. :mad:

For some reason I was always hesitant to e-file but did it this year for federal and filed my state on the state website because TurboTax wanted to charge for state. I got my direct deposit state refund in 4 days and the federal refund in 9 days. Amazingly easy and something I will continue to do.

I've been e-filing in Canada for years, using QuickTax. It's much easier, and confirmation and refund comes quicker. I assume it's similar in the U.S.

I'm an accounting nut.....every January I eagerly wait for the daily mail until I get my yearly Tax Forms package,
And then I wait again through February until I have all my tax slips in my hands. LOVE IT.
I have been doing my tax returns on paper and popping them in the mail for the past 32 years.
Many years ago I opted for "direct deposit" of refunds, and that is great.
But I have absolutely no desire to waste my money on a software program that will do the same thing that I can do manually for free.
:) :) Maybe I'm just weird....but I love number crunching.

So long as you see HTTPS and not HTTP in the address bar, it's as secure as can be. I e filed ours this year. Got the State back in 4 days, Fed back in 6. Yes, they really do send you email confirmation that the Feds accepted your return.

Because we have a friend who is a CPA, we take it to him. John passed the CPA exam years ago, but never wanted to practice, so we rely on Bill.

I have not heard any news yet about our return (I had taken the paperwork to Bill on 4/3). I'll run over to his office tomorrow; it's in the next block, same street, as my office. Then he'll e-file it.

I took our cat club's paperwork to Bill last Thursday and he said he'd be working all weekend. He has a horse and goes riding on weekends, so I commented that I guess he would NOT be riding. He said, "Nope, and I hope it rains. That will make me feel better about not being able to go riding."

He got his wish; it did rain. :D

Because I do taxes for 15-20 people, I do pay for Turbo Tax every year. Have been doing it for years. I also e-file about 5 different returns and everyone has direct deposit except my parents, who have to pay every year (except this year it was zero!). Direct deposit is great and we usually have our refund from the state in 4-5 days and federal in less than 10 days. I think it is safer since the check does not have to sit in my mail box for days....there are times I really do forget to check my snail mail! LOL

i've used h&r block for the last few years. it's free for e-filing federal returns, i think
$20 for a state return. as texas has no income tax, it's all free. you can download
and print your filed return for safekeeping, and you do get several confirmation emails,
one says sent, one says feds have accepted the return.

saves the trouble of downloading and printing forms and hoping the chinese postal
system doesn't lose them.

Thanks to everyone who replied. My husband tried to e-file, and found that there are some forms that can't be e-filed! However, the "important ones" (the ones that get us refunds!) CAN be e-filed, so he did it. I don't know if he chose direct deposit or cheque.

I've been e-filing in Canada for years, using QuickTax. It's much easier, and confirmation and refund comes quicker. I assume it's similar in the U.S.

Same here. Also with QuickTax you can file 4 separate incomes on the same program.
Although we do not use direct deposit, wen like to our checks in the mail.

Thanks to everyone who replied. My husband tried to e-file, and found that there are some forms that can't be e-filed! However, the "important ones" (the ones that get us refunds!) CAN be e-filed, so he did it. I don't know if he chose direct deposit or cheque.

I've got to pick up our return tomorrow morning (4/15) and sign it. Was supposed to do it this afternoon, but work :rolleyes: got in the way of extracurricular things like errands while I was at work today.

I e-filed, and paid my tax over the internet as well. I got my confirmation right away, and don't expect any problems.

you paid it as any other online payment - via bank? I might try that next year. they keep telling me to do that but I haven't yet even tho I pay all my other bills online.

Back