Happy Birthday to me - it's valve surgery!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbanabba

:eek::):eek:

Not really too sure how I'm feeling at the moment. I just had THE PHONE CALL from my surgeon's office to let me know they had a date for my PVR.... 10th Dec - my birthday!!!

The poor lady on the other end of the phone really didn't know what to say when I told her that, so I assured her that I couldn't get a better birthday pressie... and I'm sure it would help me score really, really well in the pressie department this year! (although my BF thought since I'd be completely out of it, he wouldn't have to worry about it... let's just say I set him straight about that one pretty bloody quickly!!! :D )

Meanwhile, I'm thinking the surgeon deliberately picked that date as "revenge" for me making so many calls and harrassing him into it..! Too bad I think I'm overjoyed by it all (it's still sinking in that it's happening "for real", so I have no doubt I'll be vacillating between pure joy and pure terror many times before the day is done).

So PHEW! Big sigh of relief that finally there might be an end in sight - although it's seriously thrown our Chrissy plans out of whack :rolleyes:

A : )

Oh Oh i better quit bugging my surgeon whos
suppose to give me this end month or he may
prolong to my b-day in 4 mths (lol):eek:
Well sorry to hear that is your date,BUT glad
they gave you a date.My son was born 28 years
ago on my birthday,he put a damper on some
good plans we had to and if i recall it hurt worse
than my first avs 16 years ago:p

zipper2 (DEB)

Not a bad idea to have your surgery on your birthday. This will be a second birth for you so that you do not get confused or have to celebrate two birthdays. My birthdate was April before the surgery, but from now on I shall celebrate the 2nd of September as my birthdate, as I really was given a new lease on life! Good luck and best wishes and remember the first few days are tough, but you shall be fine afterwards and each day will bring you a new joy with the improvement you shall feel.

With my prayers, Eva:)

Congratulations! What a birthday present!
I've put your date on the surgery calendar, so it must be official!;):)

Great birthday gift! I tell my husband now that he has to take me out to dinner for my re-birthday (which is in 5 days), but actually having it on your birthday gives the day a whole new meaning!!!

Best wishes to you, fellow ToFer! Your big day will be here before you know it. Try not to worry. You'll do just fine.

What a WONDERFUL Birthday gift ~ having your valve fixed so you will have many, many more Birthdays!! Best wishes and i'll be keeping you in my prayers.

They were amazed in the hospital that I remembered the exact date of my first OHS.

I was shocked at their amazement.

I looked at them and asked if they knew their birthdays and, of course, all answered yes. I told them I have 'two' birthdays...... Well, now I have three. :eek:

This has to stop! No more!! :D

Very happy for you that your date has been set and you will be feeling so much better soon.
Best Wishes.

I just had THE PHONE CALL from my surgeon's office to let me know they had a date for my PVR.... 10th Dec - my birthday!!!

HOLY COW! What a huge day that'll be for you ;).

Congrats on getting your date set!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The sun is on my side and takes me for a ride" ... Natasha Bedingfield ... 'Pocket Full Of Sunshine'

Cheers all!! :)

Yep - I figure from this birthday on I'll be entitled to twice the good stuff!! :D ...and I reckon I can milk this for a very profitable Christmas too! :D:D (mwahahahaha..!!).

And on the day I trust you'll all indulge in cake and bubbles for me, since I figure it's going to be pretty slim-pickin's in the OR - d'oh!

Anyhoo, thank you all for you wonderful wishes... I'm still on a bit of a high at the moment (how sad is that?! :rolleyes:), so I'll have to try and remember this feeling when I'm looking the anaesthetist in the eye...! ;)

Cheers,

A : )

Anna

Anna

YEA!! That's great, you have a date!!
My first born son was born on Dec. 10th
It must be a good date.
You will feel so good after you have had
this surgery, really! It will take you a few months
to get all your strengeth back but after that you
will be able to do so much more than you are now!!
I was able to walk at a fast pace a 5k at 11 weeks post-op!
I was so proud of myself, and I could'nt do this before surgery.
I'm getting ready to do a race with my daughter now and I'm
riding my bike about 25 miles a week to get ready for it.
Look forward to this surgery because you will get your
health back, and that is the best part of all this!!!
Take care Debbie :)

Back