Happy 5th Birthday, MOO!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
I'll say it again. . . MOO!

I'm a day late in marking the date, but yesterday was MOO's fifth birthday. It was February 28, 2011 when my new valve was implanted, and every day since then, I've been thankful for it and for the wonderful team of professionals who made it possible. I'm also thankful for all the folks here (new and old), who are here all the time to help us over any of the bumps in the road to our ongoing recovery.

These 5 years (can it really be THAT long?) have been great, and I'm looking forward to many more years that are just as good. Thanks to all my friends (and family) here.

A special "shout-out" to Hank and Michelle - Thank you so very much for all that you do and for all that you have done to make this great site possible for all of us.

Happy Moo Day ! From another Moo ! Doesn't time pass by fast !

Do you still have reviews and echos Steve ? How are they going ? Do things change gradually over the years ?

bloody nora Steve ... somehow I'd thought you'd had surgery ages ago ... so, our wedding anniversary but in 2011 ... well I had my OHS not long after you (same year least wise)

Looking forward to hearing of many more orbits round the sun for you.

Best Wishes

(PS, now that I think about it my 2011 surgery seems ages ago to me)

Time flies when you are having fun! Happy 5th to you Steve.
May you break the records for longevity on your cow valve. A big Moo! back to you. : ( I can't believe I am coming up to 7 years soon. :) )
Many thanks for all your sage advice over the years.

Thanks, everyone! As I read your messages, I am once again reminded that we are a community, and I am thankful to each and every one of you for being here and giving of yourselves. This community has so much to offer to those who will yet travel in our footsteps. My advice to those behind us, though, is "Be careful when you follow those cows. You know what they do as they walk. . . "

Sorry. Had to try a joke. I still remember the comment made by one of my favorite comedians, the late Robin Williams, after he had his bovine aortic valve implanted. I may be paraphrasing it, but the gist of it was "I'm part cow now. That means that I can dump (well, he used a different verb, begins with 'S') standing up."

Anne - I still keep up my monitoring routine with my cardio. I see him twice a year, with one visit being an echo with a consult to review the results, and the other visit just an office consult. So far, things seem to be pretty stable. We don't do the super-detailed measurements and evaluations of the echo that we did as we prepared for surgery, but we do compare from one year to the next. So far, so good. I guess I should call Edwards Lifesciences and ask if they offer an extended warranty. . .

Latest posts

Back