Happening too fast!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

darkoosh

Dr. Oury's office called today to let me know that I meet their criteria and am indeed a suitable candidate for a valve replacement, possible Ross, (I've not decided yet). They confirmed my Thursday 8/30/01 appointment for a consult with Dr. Oury.

I asked the woman on the phone what type of time-line I could expect for surgery once the consult is over. She told me they are prepared to to have me in for surgery as early as September 1 (that's THIS SATURDAY, folks!).

Of course, when you press any staff person other the the doctor himself for information, they realize they probably said too much already and suddenly become very closed lipped. That is what I felt from the phone conversation.

Here I thought I'd have at least 3 weeks after consultation to regroup before surgery. Now I'm not so sure I have that option. So rather, than freaking out and trying to get all the undone things finished before leaving in the car Wednesday for a 10 hour drive to Montana, I think I'll just......freak out anyway. ;) As Kathy the cartoon character would say, "Ackkkkkkkkkkkk!"

Hey, dar - unlike 99.99% of us you don't have time to get nervous. My prayers go along with you. Post us if you can; or if someone else can, we will appreciate hearing. If they go ahead with surgery once your consultation is over, Godspeed

No Wait!

No Wait!

Deb,

Hensylee is right...all of us agree that the waiting is the worst thing about our experiences. You , I think , are getting the best deal...you have a little time to study up on your options and yet don't have to wait and freak out for too long.

Our prayers and thoughts will go with you. Keep in touch.

Hey

Hey

You know that Tom Petty Song.." The waiting is the hardest part" That is so true. the more time you have to freak out and worry the worse it is. I was lucky I had a wedding to plan, I got married 5 days before my op.

Go for the Ross!
That is my cheerleading for my op. but remember, the decision is only yours! The docs work for you!

-Mara

Deb
Bless your heart!! (Oops, sorry.) I think thats the best option there is. Last time I had two days notice, and it was great. No time to worry. It will be over before you know it! Hang in there and know our prayers go with you.

Back