Half mast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrick

Fly your flags at half mast for the terrible senseless loss of life that has occured today in Christchuch, NZ.

Pray for the many who are still fighting for there lives and the great many who have had there lives shattered today.

It's tragic mate, disgusting behaviour.

Prayer ... There is no God that gives a ****, just look at the mess. Look at the dozens of centuries of fighting and massacre in the Middle East over this God. These people were at prayer. If any God answered prayers this wouldn't occur.

let me also add something to my above.

Grief is a time of dealing with loss, it can be the loss of your loved ones, it can be the loss of living in the dream that you are perfectly healthy and nothing can or will go wrong.

In dealing with this loss we are challenged to think and consider. One of the things we lose is our faith, faith in certainty, faith in our belief that we understand.

For some this can challenge them for others it will cause them to recoil into another faith, a faith that while mysterious "God has plan" and by clinging to that people can find some happiness.

For others it signals the point of their utter rejection of all they were taugh and begin to question. For those people observable reality is all that matters. For me since I was very young a "litmus test" of sanity has been to be able to function in life without distorting reality, or as I usually phrase it "minimal distortion of reality".

Horror like was unleashed in Christchurch NZ is unfathomable to most, how many have been personal witness to a death? We recoil from the suffering of those left grieving because we are unprepared for it.

Yet to my observation the only certainty we have in life is that we die. When, where and how is unimportant to the right now and how we live our lives, yet acceptance of that simple immutable fact is critical to how we live our lives.

Some feel that the rejection of faith is to face uncertainty. For some given the inevitability of loss causes them to "bet" on something which they believe allows a chance for "winning" ... eternal life perhaps. Yet its a bet that we can only ever have "faith in" .. such a bet seems to be a good one unless it somehow prevents you from seeing wisdom or being open to experience. For then you'r bet has simply ensured loss.

If you are a person of Faith and that gives you something then I'm glad ... but if your faith causes you to hate another because they do not share that faith then I submit your faith is not a winning bet.

Latest posts

Back