Haiti earthquake victims..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for starting this thread Janie. My husband & I already did our part & contributed yesterday.

The images shown on TV, newspapers, etc., are so heart wrenching one cannot even imagine what these poor people are going through right now.

I pray that others follow suit.

At church this morning, the priest read a letter from the Archbishop telling us that throughout the whole Archdiocese there would be a second collection at the end of Mass for the people of Haiti and to please be generous.
The priest also told everyone that if anyone did not have as much with them as they wanted to donate, to please drop their donation by the Pastoral Center this week. He reminded everyone that when we got hit by Katrina, the whole world came out to help and that it was our turn to help. I hope the collection from our church brings in a few thousand dollars.

The heartbreak is going to go on for a long time with this one. I can't really take in how terrible it must be. My eyes have flooded a few times while watching, or listening to reports.

We have a very good preacher friend, Evans Olibrice that is from Haiti. He used to stay with us every summer for a couple of months when he was in the states. We haven't heard a word from him or his family. He has family in New York so I hope he was in the states when all this happened but I'm afraid that the news isn't good. I'm trying to contact some other Christian friends of his that live in Springfiled, MO. My heart is literally breaking for all these people and Evans.

We will be giving through our church. This is a heartbreaking tragedy. Americans are so willing to help those in need, it seems. That's a silver lining on this dark cloud.

Back