Had my surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

OK, not my AVR surgery, but it WAS a surgery I've been meaning to have for over two decades and finally got to doing because I figured it'd be best to get as many procedures as possible done BEFORE I need AVR rather than wait until AFTER. So on Friday I had my deviated septum straightened and my turbinates reduced.

Well, that's what doc was SUPPOSED to do anyway. Turns out he got in there and realized I had a "very complicated nose" (his words). The deviated septum was somehow deviated in two directions, and there were four bone spurs he had not seen on examination, so he cleaned both of those up and left the turbinates alone. Have to see him tomorrow because there is still bleeding and he said there should not be any at this stage.

BUT -- if any of you have ever wanted to hit me in the face with a baseball bat, rest assured I feel like SOMEBODY did!

Here's hoping I can actually breathe better after this is all done.

Welcome to toe dipping into post OHS recovery room.

Not that I've ever wanted to belt you with a baseball bat, but personally I'm a DIY kinda guy, I get more pleasure from doing it myself than paying a person to do it for me :)

I hope it goes well tomorrow.

Actually got the splints out early yesterday, there was bleeding when there should not have been any and doc couldn't see well with them in. Sure made a difference in my breathing! The bleeding had been caused by a huge blood clot he suctioned out from deep within my right sinus (it was as big as a large grape).

Left side of my nose is now clearer than it has ever been in my life, but right side still feels obstructed somewhat. I am told swelling can take a week to go down before you feel what the results "really" are, so here's hoping.

Back