Had my first shot of Pfzier vaccine.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I'll be getting the 1st AZN shot in Canada next month. Japan is at 1% of the pop. so far. Some interesting thoughts (more research required) on "mixing" vaccines with the idea being there might be a stronger immune response (antibodies). Good check up today, but some concern on my low heart rate. That was a 1st for me. Near daily runner. Resting heart rate measured 48 and he though 57-63 better. Four year AVR anniversary May 1st. to many more! Friends report Moderna 2nd "jab" threw them for a loop. I for one can not wait to get vaccinated.

Resting heart rate measured 48 and he though 57-63 better
That is interesting. Is you doctor aware that some individuals who do regular cardiovascular exercise often have resting HR in the 40s? Are there any signs that you are having circulation issues?
Usually, a low HR is a good sign, indicating that the heart does not have to work as hard to distribute the blood your body needs to function.
I'll share an anecdote from my experience. Before my diagnosis in 2019, I was a cardio enthusiast and had not only a very low HR but it took a lot to get my HR high. As part of investigating my murmur, which would later turn out to be due to aortic stenosis and BAV, they had me do a treadmill stress test. The tech commented on how low my pulse was at 10-12 minutes in- I think I was barely over 100. She said that most people reach their HR max about then. I ended up going 19:20 before I had to stop and apparently set an office record for staying on the longest.

So, for the next 10 days I kept getting bad news, mostly about my valve, aortic stenosis, BAV, but also about having very high Lp(a), a very bad type of LDL cholesterol that is genetic. Well, I thought, at least I did good on the treadmill. Not so fast. I then get a call that my stress test result was irregular and I needed to come back to do another stress test with echo. Big shot to the gut; even my stress test was bad, at least irregular, whatever that meant.

When I had the follow up consult with my cardiologist I asked him what was irregular about my first stress test. He indicated, as best he could tell, the computer found it irregular because it took so long for my HR to reach max. But, he said that given the intense level of cardio training that I did it was not a surprise to him that my HR took that long to reach max. So, they made me jump through a bunch of extra hoops for nothing, lol.

Anyway, I would just be really cautious if they are planning to treat you to raise your HR. I would definitely get a second opinion from a cardiologist who specializes in athletes before taking anything to raise your HR.

Chuck, Good advice .... thank you! Off for my 10k. 3rd State of Emergency for Tokyo starts tomorrow. Much more strict than prior ones, but the "out of doors" is still open! MIT study on indoors and COVID-19 spread states there is no difference btw 6 and 60 ft inside. First flight next week since C-19 outbreak, Tokyo-Halifax. Due to circulation on planes better than most enclosed places. Doctor noted to get side guards for my glasses (drug store or eye shop carry now) as they think quite a bit of the spread comes through ones eyes. Plandemic or not, these simple, inexpensive things bring peace of mind .... to me anyway. JCG

Chuck, Good advice .... thank you! Off for my 10k. 3rd State of Emergency for Tokyo starts tomorrow. Much more strict than prior ones, but the "out of doors" is still open! MIT study on indoors and COVID-19 spread states there is no difference btw 6 and 60 ft inside. First flight next week since C-19 outbreak, Tokyo-Halifax. Due to circulation on planes better than most enclosed places. Doctor noted to get side guards for my glasses (drug store or eye shop carry now) as they think quite a bit of the spread comes through ones eyes. Plandemic or not, these simple, inexpensive things bring peace of mind .... to me anyway. JCG
It is good that you're taking so many precautions. Flights are one of those things that often give people a lot of anxiety anyway and with Covid in the mix, it just makes things worse.
My dad is flying down for my daughter's birthday next weekend. He has had both vaccinations. But, he still bought some N95 masks and plans to wear 2 of them on the flight, the entire time. I felt it was a bit over the top, given that he has had the vaccinations, but it makes him feel better about travel, so that is what it takes. Due to Covid, he has not seen his grandkids in over a year, so this is a big deal.

Personally I'm not impressed with being a normal late 50yo , so you're not sexing up the next 30 years...
I just hit 52 last month and still feeling pretty good but I guess it's a gradual degradation...... I find I'm more bothered by my son being 14 and suddenly I see the day when he goes off to college coming more into focus. Not to spill my guts on an open forum but even though it's inevitable I seemed to engage in that irrational thought that he would always be my little buddy, like 10 years old forever or something.... But I have it better than most so no use complaining and he's a great kid. Him and I are getting ready to head up to a local park to do some fishing and go for a bike ride, one of his buddies and his dad is meeting us and the weather is about perfect today so there's that....

Plandemic?

Latest posts

Back