Quantcast

Had my first shot of Pfzier vaccine.

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Sheenas7

Just hello every one. I had my first shot on a Tuesday February 9 and that morning prior to the vaccine, my INR was 2.5.
I only had pain in the arm and some feeling of being tired and a malaise. No fever and nothing more. That night I took a regular Tylenos and slept. Next day still felt tired and watched movies and basically didn't do anything much. By 2:00 pm the fatigue lifted and I felt back to normal. A week later my INR was 2.9. That's good. Still in range.
I have heard the second shot carries more side effects. I am suppose to get that in a couple of weeks from today so I'll let you know how it goes. Best to everyone.

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
VR.org Supporter
My wife and I are due to get our first shots tomorrow AM.

With the benefit of hindsight, I am wondering if I had a mild infection of Covid back in Sept/Oct. I went thru a period +/- couple weeks when I could not walk 100' without stopping to rest, had unusual fatigue and tiredness and I blew it off as getting old with a heart problem.....now I am not sure since the shortness of breath and unusual fatigue is gone and I am back to being a normal 85 year old:(.

Sheenas7

What sort of variance do you normally see in your INR. That is well within the usual ups and downs I have.
I have been pretty stable. My lowest being 2.3 and my highest being 3.7 the last few months.
I feel the vaccine did not change much if anything. I like it when I am in the 3's but my doctor doesn't
change anything when I get into the 2.3 or 2.4 range.
I seem to come back up on my own. I believe with Jantoven I have had more 2.5 readings than with Coumadin. But it is mostly in range and so I am ok.
I thought that maybe the vaccine Pifzer could change the numbers but it did not.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
I have been pretty stable. My lowest being 2.3 and my highest being 3.7 the last few months...
ok, so reading this I get the impression that you don't change dose much and the result is that your INR result bumbles around between 2.3 and 3.7 on the same dose, is that right?

do you manage your dose in any way or does the doctor do that for you?

The thing which has the most significant influence on your INR stability is anything which uses "the liver" (cytochrome p450, which is a mechanism your body has for removing toxins).

You'll find that a number of things influence this not just drugs. Knowing this one would be surprised if a vaccine had any effect (unless it made you sick).

slipkid

The thing which has the most significant influence on your INR stability is anything which uses "the liver" (cytochrome p450, which is a mechanism your body has for removing toxins).
Ah so this must be the reason they discourage alcohol use on warfarin? I don't drink anyways so made no diff to me but was told multiple times things like "make sure you cut down your drinking since you are on warfarin now" (despite my telling the dr's I don't drink every time they mention it).

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
VR.org Supporter
...........so you're not sexing up the next 30 years...
It is what it is:p. I forget, tell me again about that word sex.....ing, I forget!

But to be serial for a moment. I had my first Covid vaccination this morning about 8am. No side effects so far. I was really impressed with the vaccination clinic that was set up for only the Covid shot. Their plan is to do about 1000/day.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
It is what it is:p. I forget, tell me again about that word sex.....ing, I forget!
well sexing up something (I have only distant memories about sex its been 10 years) is attempting to increase its appeal with attempts too apply dressings to it selectively

1613704416820.png

myself I've found other more reliable methods of finding something more attractive

1613704624709.png

Chuck C

Just hello every one. I had my first shot on a Tuesday February 9 and that morning prior to the vaccine, my INR was 2.5.
I only had pain in the arm and some feeling of being tired and a malaise. No fever and nothing more. That night I took a regular Tylenos and slept. Next day still felt tired and watched movies and basically didn't do anything much. By 2:00 pm the fatigue lifted and I felt back to normal. A week later my INR was 2.9. That's good. Still in range.
I have heard the second shot carries more side effects. I am suppose to get that in a couple of weeks from today so I'll let you know how it goes. Best to everyone.
Thanks for sharing your experience and your INR result. My mom just had her second shot on Monday, Moderna. Just soreness in the arm at shot site, same as first dose.

Chuck C

well sexing up something (I have only distant memories about sex its been 10 years) is attempting to increase its appeal with attempts too apply dressings to it selectively

View attachment 887544

myself I've found other more reliable methods of finding something more attractive

View attachment 887545
Is that one of them Australian lamas? They sure grow then pretty there!

Sheenas7

ok, so reading this I get the impression that you don't change dose much and the result is that your INR result bumbles around between 2.3 and 3.7 on the same dose, is that right?

do you manage your dose in any way or does the doctor do that for you?

You'll find that a number of things influence this not just drugs. Knowing this one would be surprised if a vaccine had any effect (unless it made you sick).
My doctor manages my INR. He doesn't change my dose much. That is right. I do seem to stay in thet range most of the time.

Latest posts