Gym and warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinsley99

Hi I’ve started gym what want to get some protein and muscle mass stuff does anybody know any that won’t effect my warfarin and won’t be bad for my heart?

Hi I’ve started gym what want to get some protein and muscle mass stuff does anybody know any that won’t effect my warfarin and won’t be bad for my heart?

I cannot recommend anything, but believe a good varied diet is better than supplements. Look at a stone mason, they have useful powerful muscle mass w/o supplements.

well I'd keep lower on anything Albumin based, the rest is just "food of a sort" ... I agree that a balanced diet of proper food (you know, stuff not in a plastic packet manufactured in a factory which btw you should visit on of them one day) is best.

I'd ask @TheGymGuy what he does.

Late to reply, but better late than never, right?

I stick to what @pellicle said, less processed foods and more things you can make yourself. Easily identifiable ingredients are key. You should be able to name every ingredient in what you prepare, and it will enable your body to grow.

I also use casein protein at night and whey before/after workout and some pre-workout or coffee. That's about it.

You need to talk to your PC about the diet. Exercise will raise the INR a bit. Anything you take will affect the INR. Talk to the doctor before you take in anything. Good luck.

Exercise will raise the INR a bit.
And my own experience is that if you make the exercise a consistent routine it settles back down again. Although my own experience was my INR fell.

This is why weekly (self?) testing is so important, you can see, adjust, learn and stay in range.

Latest posts

Back