Guess its now or never .. From Mechanical to Bovine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrietW

Attitude of Gratitude
Hello Freinds
I'm kind of hit and miss around here.
But here's a recap ..

Jan 5 /16 OHS Valve Replacement Aortic Mech Valve and Mitral Valve Prosthetic Ring . . Immediately after surgery Internal bleeding started exasperated by Warfarin.
To date approx 140 blood transfusions. (Angiodispla) throughout GI Track
Scoped to death one end or the other.
Jan/19 redo schedule for bovine ..
Got extremely sick Nov-today. Surgery postponed.

Tuesday Echo done .. 06/06/2019
Findings ..
Aortic Valve mild regurgitation
Tricuspid Valve Sever regurgitation
Mitral Valve Sever regurgitation
Atrial Severly Dialated
Diastolic Dysfunction
LVEF 60% flattened septum RV overload
RV moderate Dialated
Estimates 85 - 90%
Sever pulmonary hypertension.
Notching pulmonary artery
LV hypertrophy EF 72% Flattened septum consistent with RV pressure/overload

About covers it !!
I will be admitted into my local Hospital on Monday .. Work up will begin.
Iv lasix biggest issue keep that pressure off my heart
Scopes tests more Transfusions ct xrays
They will then transport me to Calgary possibly a heartcath

Surgery is probably 2 weeks out
Praying for sooner than later.
Praying that bleeds stop or become minimal No Warfarin
After 3.5 yrs or more hoping some sort of normalcy to my life.

Through all of this l have just spent the last 3 mths with my very sick mother whom we lost a week ago this morning.
We had a service Wednesday and they broke the news to me Thursday that l was in heart failure .. But no surprise on this end.
Rest in peace mom 💔

Hi Harriet, sorry to hear of your mothers passing.
Hope your surgery and recovery goes to plan.
So quite a list there of issues, if you dont mind me asking what are they planning to do in surgery? Will they replace 3 valves at once ?

So good to see you back here, Harriet. Like Pellicle, I was wondering how things had been for you recently. Very sorry to hear of all your recent troubles.

Condolences on the loss of your mother. All sounds very challenging on top of everything else.

I’m glad you are at last getting some procedural traction on your health issues. Really hoping things will improve for you once you traverse these coming months.

Sending warm thoughts and the best of best wishes for the days ahead.

Warrick hello
Thank you for your condolences.

Yes exactly that ..
Replace Aortic Tricuspid Mitral valves with bovine ..
Just like that ..
Sounds simple enough .. Actually it's terrifying to me. The surgeon is confident he can get me through.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.
I am so overwhelmed with everything. My life is a mess my business is a mess and l just literally cannot catch a breath.
Been running back and for for 3 mths living out of a suitcase which is still lying on a chair in my living room.
Doing clients on the fly and now l have to walk away from that to a bed in hospital indefinitely.
Sounds like could be 2 + weeks pre and who knows post.
I think I'm that one person who hates hospitals the very most ...
I have agreed to go so you know I gotta be some sick.

Thank you thank you !
I will keep you updated .. As the days progress !

Harriet, you have been through so much and please accept my condolences on your mom's passing. Praying that this surgery gives you your life back. Positive thoughts and vibes to you. :)

Hi Harriet, I've been thinking about you. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.
My thoughts are with you for a successful surgery and a very quick uneventful recovery. You've been through so much, it's about time that you get your life back!
Sue

Hello Freinds
I'm kind of hit and miss around here.
But here's a recap ..

Jan 5 /16 OHS Valve Replacement Aortic Mech Valve and Mitral Valve Prosthetic Ring . . Immediately after surgery Internal bleeding started exasperated by Warfarin.
To date approx 140 blood transfusions. (Angiodispla) throughout GI Track
Scoped to death one end or the other.
Jan/19 redo schedule for bovine ..
Got extremely sick Nov-today. Surgery postponed.

Tuesday Echo done .. 06/06/2019
Findings ..
Aortic Valve mild regurgitation
Tricuspid Valve Sever regurgitation
Mitral Valve Sever regurgitation
Atrial Severly Dialated
Diastolic Dysfunction
LVEF 60% flattened septum RV overload
RV moderate Dialated
Estimates 85 - 90%
Sever pulmonary hypertension.
Notching pulmonary artery
LV hypertrophy EF 72% Flattened septum consistent with RV pressure/overload

About covers it !!
I will be admitted into my local Hospital on Monday .. Work up will begin.
Iv lasix biggest issue keep that pressure off my heart
Scopes tests more Transfusions ct xrays
They will then transport me to Calgary possibly a heartcath

Surgery is probably 2 weeks out
Praying for sooner than later.
Praying that bleeds stop or become minimal No Warfarin
After 3.5 yrs or more hoping some sort of normalcy to my life.

Through all of this l have just spent the last 3 mths with my very sick mother whom we lost a week ago this morning.
We had a service Wednesday and they broke the news to me Thursday that l was in heart failure .. But no surprise on this end.
Rest in peace mom 💔
Good luck on the cath, it will be fine. You just keep hanging in there and all will be fine. We are here when you need us. Hugs for today. And sorry for your loss. I lost my mother Jan, 2000 and still miss her after all these years.

Dear Harriet, It has been a while since I posted and now I see you took a break, too. The last time you and I communicated, I had just lost my Dad and now, I sign on only to learn that you just lost your Mom. As another member said, "that's brutal." However, you are a strong woman and I hope that you find some comfort in the knowledge that she is in peace.

We had our surgeries around the same time. I am sickened to learn that while I have been slowly recovering, you have been in a living hell. From that perspective, the upcoming surgery seems like a well-needed change. I will send all the mental energy I can muster to have it be sooner, rather than later.

I am so happy to be able to reconnect. You helped me tremendously during those difficult, raw days of post-surgery and the loss of my Dad. Keep us posted, please!

Amy

Latest posts

Back