Got a call from Avocet!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail in Ca

I guess I'm the only one with a avosure pt system but I thought I'd let you all know that Joy called
me from avocet and wondered why I needed a preauthorization to send my unit back to gentiva
health services. She said I could do whatever I
wanted with the unit, ( throw it away, whatever!)
and not to worry about my insurance not paying for it since they are going to reimburse gentiva for any units sold. So I am very happy that my insurance had not been billed for it and have told
them not to pay for it if they do get a bill.
I called Lance about the protime and he is now going to try to get me one ( although it is $1500
vs the $750 of avosure). I am hopeful that my insurance will pay for it as they were going to do with the now useless machine I have.
What a roller coaster ride about this stuff that really makes a difference in how we can be in control of our health.
On another note, I saw my cardio yesterday for my 1yr checkup and asked if the ace inhibitor would slow my metabolism and he said that the drug I take,cozaar is not a true ace inhibitor and has the least amount of side effects of these drugs and wouldn't slow down my metabolism. So, weight gain must be due to something else, I presume.
He said that I may never need my mitral valve replaced as long as I'm on this drug. However, if I needed to have it done in the future, even through the rib, it would be considered a 3rd surgery.
Well, I try to stay positive and won't think too much about this not so good stuff!
TTFN, Gail

Latest posts

Back