Going in tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushman

I'd like to thank all of the members here on VR.org for all of their posts and volunteering so much valuable information to others seeking answers and advice. This information has helped put so many of us at ease going into difficult times. The information helps people learn and knowledge is power, right? Anyhow, this knowledge has helped me inform myself, make plans, ask questions and most importantly, stay positive.

Just knowing the community here, I know all of your best wishes are with me and thank you in advance.

I'll have my surgery tomorrow around noon and should be able to check in here by Thursday or Friday so until then thanks again and take care.

Hi all! Happy to be talking to you all from the other side. The surgery went well, a bit of a late start but everythinglooks great. The scar from the hemi isn't too bad, I'll post a pick or 2 when I get home. I realized last night why it's so important to stay on top of your pain meds, I thought I was going pass out from the pain tremors, luckily the hydromorphone kicked in.

I found out that I got a 29mm onyx valve, seems rather large for a guy normally walking around at.5'8" and 160 lbs no?

Anyhow I'll post more later when I have more energy and a clearer mind.

Good to be back though.

That is great news Bushman !! A 29mm valve, it is impressive ! I have no experience about valve size related to body size. All I can tell you is that some small guy have a big one between the legs so why not a big Aortic Valve too ??? hahaha

Hope your recovery will go alright

JulienDu;n864164 said:
That is great news Bushman !! A 29mm valve, it is impressive ! I have no experience about valve size related to body size. All I can tell you is that some small guy have a big one between the legs so why not a big Aortic Valve too ??? hahaha

Hope your recovery will go alright

Julien, I wouldn't expect any other response from you! Hahaha, we seriously have to get together for a beer.

Plus a "man with a big heart" is more attractive to the ladies as well :) !Congratulations on a successful surgery!

Bushman;n864165 said:
Julien, I wouldn't expect any other response from you! Hahaha, we seriously have to get together for a beer.

Sure man, I m going up north in the bush early May, but I have to go to Calgary just before that. I will let you know if you are ok we can compare the noise of our valves haha.

As for the size of the valve, I remember that my surgeons thought that a bigger valve was better especially for active men. He said that over the long term it would be easier on the heart.

Latest posts

Back