Going in for #3

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll be having v similar surgery in a few months : On-X valve (quite likely) and Dacron to replace the ascending aorta

Good luck fella withe the recovery

glad the surgery went well

I am at 6.5 months of same and wish you well.

Thanks for the support. I'm about 3.5 weeks post op now and already feeling much better than I did in the months preceding the operation. I'm slowly regaining the strength and fitness I previously had and generally just trying to best utilize the time I have off from work to focus on my physical (and mental) recovery. The months post surgery certainly give one a new perspective on life and for this third and (hopefully final) surgery, I'm trying make sure the positive aspects of this new perspective endure into my future.

Thua far the warfarin has not been an issue at all and my INR has been in range every test. The mechanical valve is certainly audible when it beats but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Will keep you all updated and will continue to read the forum and chime in if/when I have something of value to ad
Just wait for in a few months, you will stop noticing the clicking of the valve.

Had my first post-op checkup last week and the cardio/surgeon team were really happy with my porgression. All incisions are healing great, left ventricle ejection fraction is back to normal, and pulmonary valve isn't leaking much at all. Next check-up is in a year. I'm feeling better and will be getting back to work the Monday after Thanksgiving. It's been a wild, stressful few months. I am certainly glad to be living in a time when we have access to such outstanding medical professionals and procedures.

Just read your story, Bradley. It's awesome that you're recovering well, that your heart is coming right along, and that you easily achieved and maintain target INR. Though I'm sure it's been stressful, this is a terrific report!

Latest posts

Back